16.

Raceday.

And I was so ready for it. Even though Knox and I had a great dinner last night, I still wanted to beat her today.

Still hated her, but maybe slightly less.

Knox ran through the paddock, she waved a little as she ran passed.
I used to get a middle finger, so a wave was definitely an accomplishment.

She was late, guess she wasn't used to the timezone yet either.

Or she couldn't sleep either, just like me. Was thinking about dinner, about Knox.

But I couldn't let her distract me, needed to concentrate.

I walked on the truck for the driver's parade, put my sunglasses on and put my cap backwards.

Ready to get this over with.

Max ran on the truck, he was still putting his racing suit on, guess he wasn't used to the timezone either.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

"You ready for this?" I asked, looking at Max who was now standing with Carlos and I.

"Yeah, bit tired though" he chuckled. "What did you do last night? You left the paddock pretty early, no?"

"Had dinner with someone" I shrugged. "What did you do?"

"Some Netflix and chill" he said. "A bit too late though" he added before he got pulled away to do his interview.

"Is he back with Kelly?" Carlos asked confused. I shook my head. No he wasn't back with her, so he spend the night with someone random.

Fortunately, he couldn't be with Taura because she was with me. So I didn't care who he was with.
Didn't care who he spend the night with.

Did the driver's parade, and got ready for the race. The race went well, very well might I add.

Gained a lot of places and the car seemed fast. I even got time to watch the big screens around the track from time to time.

They showed Knox way more than they used to. I already noticed she gained a lot of followers. Mercedes did as well.

Not because they liked Mercedes all of a sudden, but because they liked their beautiful strategist.

Toto was a lot of things, but he wasn't stupid.

She was smart and cute, so they used that, posted a lot of things about her. Things that had nothing to do with her capabilities.

"What happened?" Will asked over the radio. Shook me out of my thoughts as well. I noticed I was driving way slower than before.

"Nothing" I quickly answered.

"Box box" he said not much later. "Uh, no thank you" I answered.

I wasn't gonna pit yet, my tires were fine and George was driving right behind me.
Desperately wanted to keep him behind me.

"Gotta box now, Lando" Will said again. "Tires are fine" I muttered.

I was pretty sure Knox would tell George to do the same as me. Drive until the tires are dead. If I wasn't gonna come in, then she wouldn't tell George to come in either.

And I was much better in tire management.

But I was wrong, got Knox so wrong. George pitted only a few laps later.

I should've listened to Will because it was so easy for George to drive past me on fresher tires.

Couldn't overtake him anymore, even after I pitted for new tires.

Knox beat me, and I absolutely hated that.

Hated that I was distracted by her, not necessarily that she beat me.

Walked straight to my driver's room after the race. Didn't want to talk to anyone. I don't know how long I stayed in there, but only got out just in time for the interviews.

Caught Knox and Verstappen walking together, laughing, she nudged him a little.

It was time to be a little cockblock.

"Hi guys" I walked up to them with a smile. Noticed that Verstappen wasn't really happy to see me. "How are you?"

Looked at Knox and only her.

"Yeah good, tired though" she replied. "You?"

"Tired as well. When are you leaving?" Still looking at Knox.

"Plane is leaving tomorrow" she smiled. God, that smile. It made her dimples pop out and she looked extremely cute.

"You can go with me if you want?" Max interrupted us. "Air Max is leaving tonight"

No dude, she doesn't want to fly with you.

"Oh, I am already flying with George" she turned her head to him. "Next time though"

Certainly not.

"Anyways, I'm gonna have an early night, didn't get a lot of sleep last night" she looked at Max with a smile and back at me. "Bye Norris"

"Bye Knoxy" I smiled.

"She's something else" Max muttered, patted my back and went back to his hospitality.

Didn't answer, didn't like the way they looked at each other.

I had a call to make, quickly grabbed my phone and dialed George's number.