39.

Taura's POV

Flew back with Martin to Amsterdam. The first race of the second part of the season was gonna be in Zandvoort.

So I could stay for a couple of days in Amsterdam before traveling to Zandvoort.

Martin had to be there too, because they obviously asked him to close the weekend with the biggest party.

The Dutchies were very proud of both Martin and Max, as they should be.

The first night after we came back from Ibiza, we just spend cuddling and walking through Amsterdam.

But Martin was even more crazy and energetic than Lando, which said a lot.

The second day, his crew and friends came over to work on his shows. The summer always was his busiest time of the year with lots of festivals.

He had a whole movie room, big screen on the wall, completely dark, a big couch in front of it.

When I met him, we watched some movies there, snuggled up to each other, had some romantic moments.

But it was completely transformed right now. It was turned into a "Garrix lab" as his crew and friends called it.

Still had the big couch in front of the huge screen, but now the rest of the room was filled with tables, laptops and other electronic stuff.

The screen wasn't showing movies, but it was used to program visuals and lasers on for his shows.

I was laying on the couch, completely being mesmerized by it.

It felt amazing to be included in everything. To feel the energy and love.

"Are you okay? Not feeling too bored?" Martin asked as he sat down next to me.

"Not at all actually, it crazy to see this, must be unreal to see it in real life" I said enthusiastically.

He pulled me next to him, so my head was laying on his chest. "Then you definitely have to come to Tomorrowland"

"I will be there" I mumbled. Didn't know when it was, but I was gonna make it work no matter what.

"We like this one" Louis, his best friend said as he pointed at me.

"Did you bribe him into saying that or something?" Martin laughed. "Oh definitely" I chuckled.

Not that I had anything to offer.

He kissed the top of my head, arms wrapped around my body. I know it was hard for him to lay still, to not jump around.

But he did it for me. He wanted to spend a peaceful moment with me before our crazy hectic schedules started again.

————————————

Walked in the paddock on Friday alone. Martin was only gonna come on Sunday because he had other shows to do.

Walked passed the Mercedes hospitality, straight to the Mclaren one. My new home.

"Knox" Lando was the first one to greet me. "I am gonna give you a tour"

"Awesome" I nodded.

He gestured me to follow him, upstairs, to his driver's room. "So this is my room, in my favorite color, papaya orange"

He cracked the door open, to show me his driver's room. "Okay" I said. Not completely sure what the purpose of this was.

It wasn't as if I was ever gonna spend time in there.

"What is your favorite color?" He asked, tilting his head.

I frowned. "What?"

"What is your favorite color, Knox?"

"Uh-" had to think about it for a second. "Purple, sometimes yellow"

"Okay, interesting" he nodded, closing his door behind him.

He quickly showed me Oscar's room, Zak's office, the engineer's office and back down to where the food was.

"And here you can eat something" he pointed at the food behind him. "What's your favorite food?"

"What's going on with you Norris?" I asked. "Are you making a list of all my favorite things or something?"

"Yeah Zak asked me to do that" he shrugged.

"Zak wants to know what my favorite color is?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yup" he nodded. "You get fired if you don't say papaya orange"

"Okay, then change my answer to do that please" I chuckled and so did he.

It was the first time in a while since we genuinely laughed together.

"Anyways" he cleared his throat. "I have to go do the practices"

"Good luck, Norris" I nodded. "Be safe"

He looked at me, maybe a little too long. "I will, I still have a lot to fight for"