4.

Lando's POV

"Is your new girl coming this weekend?" Jon, my trainer, asked. We were getting ready for the practice sessions.

His idea of getting me ready was addressing the rumors while 'massaging me'.

More like torturing me.

"No, she's not my new girl" I muttered. "I saw the pictures, you look cute together" he said.

I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was smirking at that.

I groaned. "No because we are not together"

Fair enough, Keeley was fun to hang around with and we were definitely growing closer together but I wasn't gonna take her to the paddock yet.

Didn't need to feed the rumors even more and besides, I wanted them to talk about my performance on track, not in bed.

"Alright, whatever you say" he chuckled. "You're ready"

Yes I definitely was.

I got up, let my racing suit hang down my waist and walked out of the hospitality, to the garage.
First practice sessions of the season, would be the first time we would actually feel how competitive our car was.

And hopefully it would be damn competitive.

Needed to prove myself, prove that I made the right choice to stay with Mclaren.

And lately, I had someone else to prove myself to.

Knox.

She never thought I would make it in F1. Always thought I would stay a reserve driver.

Dated her friend for a while - until she cheated on me. Didn't need that, so I obviously dumped her.

And Knox never got that. She never understood why I dumped her and blamed me for everything.

The nerve.

Before I walked in the garage, I looked at her. She was standing in front of the Mercedes garage.
Talking to some mechanic.

She looked up, straight passed the dude and right in my eyes. Her big brown eyes.

That's the reason why I called her Bambi, because even though I hated her, those eyes did something to me.

She flicked me off, not even hiding how she felt about me, and walked in the garage.

The mechanic dude walked after her, not even bothered about the fact that she just flicked me off in the middle of the paddock.

I rolled my eyes and walked in the garage. Please, let this damn car be competitive.

——————————————

"Aren't you the head of PR?" I said as I stood next to Bambi's friend in the media pen. Couldn't remember her name.

"Yup" she said, not even looking at me. "Didn't know the head of PR has to come to the media pen with the drivers"

Came out more aggressive than I meant. I was just genuinely interested.

But she didn't take it like that.

"Yeah well, not that it's any of your business but one of the assistants is sick" she scoffed, walking away with George.

"Didn't go too well" Teri, my PR assistant laughed.

"Just wanted to be nice" I shrugged.

I did my interviews, and walked back to my hospitality in a hurry.
Had enough of it, wanted to go back to my hotel.

I was tired, slept horribly last night.

"Norris!" Someone yelled from behind me, didn't give it too much attention, probably a reporter or journalist or whatever.

Didn't have time for them so I just kept walking.

Until someone yanked me back. "Hey, stop"

"Don't touch me plea-" I said as I turned around, only to be faced with those brown Bambi eyes.

"Yeah definitely don't touch me" I chuckled. "And you don't talk to my best friend like that" she raised her voice.

"Like what?"

"Just-" she stopped and looked at me. "Just don't talk to her at all."

"I wasn't trying to be me-" I started but she interrupted me again. "She doesn't need someone who doesn't believe she can be a boss lady"

I frowned. "I never said that she can't be a -"

"So stay away from her and from me, Norris" she cut me off again. Her brown eyes were scanning my body, up and down and back up.

"Knox" I said. "I promise you, I wasn't trying to b-"

"I don't wanna hear it, just leave it" she scoffed, walking away.

Fuck - this girl was unbelievable.