chapter forty-two

chapter forty two

“Jungwon,” he glanced over his Dad as he calls for his name. The old man’s eyes are bloodshoot while a small smile plastered over his lips. His gaze was full of affection for him, for his only son.

Jungwon can still remember the very last time he saw his Dad shed tears. It was the day that his Mom passed away. He was sat outside the emergency room, still showered with his Mom’s blood.

He was out of it. Traumatized and unable to process anything that happened. His young self was too innocent, too naive for this cruel dark world.

His Father kneeled in front of him and the moment they met eyes, he can see his Dad’s eyes shedding tears. Jungwon’s hopes were crumbled to bits. He never seen his Dad like this. The leader of his clan, the strong and wise Yang Jangin looking so fragile in front of him.

“J-Jungwon,” his voice cracks and young Jungwon kept his stares fixed at him. “Son...” he added. He seems like he wants to tell him something, but the words are too heavy for him. Like it gets stuck in between his throat, refusing to come out.

“H-How’s Mom, Dad? Where is she? I want to see her.” Jungwon attemps to stand up, denial of the situation.

He saw his Mom taking a bath with her own blood. He was sure that in that case, it was really impossible to make it. But he couldn’t accept it. Young Jungwon just couldn’t accept the fact that his own Mom, the light to his life, is dead.

His Father held him tight and pulled him in a tight embrace afterwards. Jungwon's tears starts streaming down his face once again. He thought he was done already.

“I’m sorry, Son. S-She’s gone. Your mother is gone.”

Jungwon hates how he needs to be born as a mafia boss' son. It has a lot of duties and responsibilities. He hates that his childhood was not like how other normal kids have. And now, he despise it even more for taking the life of his Mother.

He always thought that this world is cruel, but he never knew it can feel like hell.

As tears left his eyes, the emotions from young Jungwon drains along with them. His eyes lose its shine and life. He promised that he will never be this weak again. He promised that he will never be like his Dad. He was too kind to be a mafia. He will never be like that, because it has caused him something precious.

“I’m proud of you.” his Dad slightly pulls him for a hug, snapping him back to reality, before they both turn their gaze at the entrance where they slowly reveal you.

Jungwon’s heart stopped at the sight of you. He cannot express how beautiful you look right now. The way you’re holding over Jay’s and your Aunt’s arm looked adorable for him. He may not able to see your eyes clearly due to the veil you are wearing, but he was certain you are crying.

His heart tugged at the thought. His baby, his bunny, the love of his life. He knew this day would come the moment he set eyes on you. He knew you are the only one he wants to see walking in the aisle to promise him a lifetime. But to actually stand here at the this very moment was still unbelievable for him. Finally, you two will become one today. In front of every people whose important in your lives.

“Take care of him, Jungwon.” your Auntie gave Jungwon a hug after he bows politely.

Jay held your hand and slowly handed it to Jungwon. He smiled warmly at him before tapping him over the shoulder.

“We’re trusting her to you, Won. Take good care of my sister.” Jay says sincerely before you met eyes with him making you tear even more.