chapter thirty-two

warnings: not proof read, time skip.

chapter thirty-two

3 years later.

“What about this?” the voice sounded muffled while you’re so drowned with your own thoughts. Mind flying somewhere else while playing with your lower lip.

This isn’t suppose to be the time to space out. Brielle, asked you to accompany her in choosing a gown for her and Heeseung’s engagement party. You are very happy and excited for the two of them, no doubt. But you can’t help but to feel a little envious. Guilt comes rushing after. You know envy have no room right now. If anything, all you should feel for them is just happy emotions.

“Y/n?” you snapped out of your trance and looked at her direction. She's looking at you from the mirror’s reflection, her brows furrowed worriedly.

She noticed how quiet you’ve been ever since she started trying out these dresses. The thought of you not feeling well bothers her so she dismissed the staffs helping her. She turns and walks towards the couch you’re sitting on.

“Are you okay? You’ve been out of it for a while.” she says and reach out for your hand. Your eyes dropped at it and you saw how elegantly her diamond ring is at her finger. It suits her pretty well.

Your lips pursed into a thin line before letting out a strained sigh. “I’m so happy for you, Bri.” you mumbled and held back her hand.

You look straight to her worried eyes that slowly softens after hearing your sincere words. Her eyes glisten, tears forming the corner of her eyes. She could’t believe how fast time passes by. The memory of the first time you two met was still fresh for her and now, almost four years of friendship. The two of you are tight as sisters.

“You two had been through so much and you deserve this. I love you,” you added, fighting back to shed tears ahead of her. The reason of why you’re suddenly becoming emotional are still unknown as of the moment. But none of you talks about it and enjoys your small chitchat.

“Come on. Reserve this speech at my wedding.” she says and tries to wipe off her tears. You laughed at her remarks and gave in to her hug as she thugs you closer.

“I just can’t help but to feel a little envious, you know? I wonder if Jungwon will ever ask me to marry him. I want to stress out on what to wear on my engagement, the preparations for wedding and whatsoever.” you wiped off your tears away, letting out a big sigh to somehow lift up the heavy feeling.

“If that’s whats gonna stress me, I’m all in.” you added that made her laugh.

She pulls away and caress your face gently, a small smile spread across her pretty face. “Jungwon will surely ask you. I may not be sure when, but what I’m certain is,” she stalls her words as she gently grabs both of your hands, stares at you straight to your eyes.

“You are the only one he wants to marry.”

That eases you and fades your worries along with the sadness that bothers you moments ago. The corner of your lips lifts up and you scoffed.

“Of course. Otherwise I will have to go kill her.”

“There’s more like it. That’s more like you.” she leans in and dropped a quick kiss at your cheeks.

She stood up in front of you and rests both of her hands at her hips like a pose.

“So what do you think of this?”

You tilt your head and furrow your brows as you scan her body up and down, carefully checking the dress she picked.

“I think that's the perfect one for your engagement party.” her smile widens at your approval so she calls the staff and informs her that she finally made a choice.