chapter sixteen

warnings: not proofread, guns, mention of death and cursing. let me know if i missed some.

chapter sixteen

Your smile was bright and wide while you clap your hands proudly as you watch Jungwon stood beside his Dad. His Father are doing his last message for his son before he announced him as the new mafia boss of their clan. It was indeed a big event because a lot of people are invited. It was grand and special, just how he deserves it.

After you two made an entrance, he thanked everyone for coming before the organizer announced that everyone should have their meals first. You two walked your way over the table where your friends at. Not long after, he was asked to roam around the tables to greet the guests. He wanted to take you with him but you told him that he should go alone.

And now, he’s asked in front for the formal announcement. You can’t help but to feel very proud of him. Base on how his Father describes him, he is indeed an excellent leader. He knew what’s best and someone who have clear goals. He’s very passionate too and strict to the things he have control of. You already know that but it never fails to amaze you.

His Father smiled widely before he glanced at his son, “I’m officially introducing you the new mafia boss of the Yang Family.” he started and even extended his hand towards Jungwon, “My son, Yang Jungwon.”

Everyone stood up and clapped altogether. When you roamed your eyes around, you’re satisfied to see the happy smiles over their faces. It was loud and clear that they do agree that the Yang Family’s future will be very bright. It will continue its successful reign under Jungwon’s power.

Jungwon stood proudly beside his Father before he roamed his eyes carefully around the venue. He have this small smirk over his face, you can't even see a single worry over him. It’s like he was born for it, born to be a leader.

When his eyes met yours, you smiled and raised your clapping hands to show him how proud you are. His smirk grew wider.

“I would like to thank everyone again for coming to this special event. To my family who prepared so much for me. To my Father,” he glanced over his Dad who's smiling widely at him.

“Thank you for your infinite trust and for believing in me. I will not disappoint you.” he said and he screams nothing but confidence and power.

You glanced over to your side when you felt some nudging you. It was (hs’s y/n) and she was smiling widely at you. “Please don’t cry.” she teased you. You playfully rolled your eyes at her and she was right because you can almost did shed a tear.

You were about to say something when suddenly a spotlight was pointed at you. With wide and surprised eyes, you looked at Jungwon’s direction and he’s already smiling sweetly at you. “And of course, to my girl. Thank you for supporting me. Ever since you came, things changed in a good way.”

You bit your lower lip as you feel shy because you can already see a lot of them eyeing you. His friends cheered and the crowd follows making you blush even more.

But you don’t know what exactly to feel when Injang went to you and guided you over to the stage. You feel cold sweat dawned you at the sudden action and you were too occupied to even process everything. The next thing you know, Jungwon’s Father is smiling at you while offering his hand.