Ch. 59 Insecurities And Guilt

Start from the beginning

"Then you shouldn't have hid it from me. I deserved to know Rehan. I deserved to know about my own fucking body." She cried out loudly hitting his clothed chest with her tiny fists.

House helps started gathering in the hall upon hearing her screams making her conscious of her surroundings. In order to avoid being a nice entertainment source, she struggled in Rehan's arms and freed herself before running towards their bedroom.

She knew he was tailing behind her because of his continuous boot clicking sounds reverberating in the surroundings followed just after by her footsteps. The first thing she did after stepping inside the room was to close the door for some peace but Rehan didn't let her have that by blocking the door through his bulky palm.

No matter how much force or pressure she applied Rehan's single palm was more than enough to dodge it, riling up her frustration. Feeling wasted, she removed her hands from the door and tried to move towards the bathroom. Only to end up turning anti clockwise when Rehan clutched her saree pallu and pulled it abruptly.

Glancing down at her body, she found herself standing uncovered just in her blouse and now loosened saree whose free end was tightly clasped in Rehan's fist. Looking at him through her misty eyes, she let her body fall down on the floor breaking into heart wrenching sobs.

Covering the distance in two leaps, Rehan collected Kritika's shaking figure in his embrace only to feel her punching his chest.

"Why Rehan? Why? Why???......." She screamed in agony struggling between his arms.

Rehan was trying to calm her down so he could explain everything to her in a detailed manner. But things took a nasty turn when Kritika started facing problems in breathing. With every passing second her face was getting pale, messing up Rehan's sound mind.

The only thing he came up with in such a panicking situation was to open the hooks of Kritika's blouse as the cloth hung loosely on her shoulders. Post that he rubbed her back vigorously and asked her to take deep breaths.

Surprisingly it worked and her breathing stabilized after a few moments but it looked like someone sucked all the energy out of her leaving a lifeless body behind. Which was soon embraced by Rehan after she got limp beside him. Taking her in his lap, he sat against the footrest of the bed and gently rocked her body back and forth while caressing the back of her head from time to time.

"This is the only reason I wasn't ready to tell you anything." After a gap of fifteen minutes or so, Kritika heard him speaking which forced her to look at his face constricted in anguish through her heavy lashes as he revealed the conversation he shared with the gynecologist that day.

Flashback

"Mr. Rathore, I think you already know the reason behind your wife's condition." The gynecologist huffed inaudibly, keeping Kritika's file on her desk just beside the previous medical reports.

"The drugs. It must've weakened her body from inside. Isn't it?" Though Rehan had a rough idea, still he chose to confirm.

"Absolutely correct Mr. Rathore. Her body and her internal organs are more fragile than before which brought her to a point where the slightest pain could be unbearable for her. But this doesn't end here Mr. Rathore. There's more to the story." The noble lady took a deep breath before breaking out the information gently to Rehan.

"According to reports, your wife's fallopian tubes have been blocked by the drugs. Because the main reason behind traffickers using these chemicals on their victims, is to make them barren so they don't get pregnant even after being raped multiple times."