Ch. 53 Separation??

Author's POV

Rehan stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes fell on her resting figure over the bed. She had her eyes closed and back supported by the pillows. Paleness of her skin may have subsided but the dullness was still pretty much evident as her plump body now looked thin.

Heavy drugs and medical procedures did affect her appearance but they failed to make her look ugly because even after so many changes in features, she managed to look serene to his eyes.

His grip on the door handle loosened and he took two steps inside the room which made her aware of his presence through the clicking of his shoes.

Kritika opened her glazed eyes and found the person she didn't want to see at all. A small glimpse of his face was more than enough to set her body on fire as every insult, each harsh word spoken by him echoed in her subconscious mind and her breathing intensified.

She roamed her eyes around the room and stopped them beside her bed where the doctor was standing.

"Side please....." She requested the doctor in low voice who frowned in confusion but later on slid a little when she tilted her head and gestured him to move.

The doctor saw her leaning sideways towards the fruit basket and even before he could think further, she grabbed the knife and threw it directly at Rehan.

That knife passed from Rehan's side and got stuck in the wall behind him just an inch away from the door where Viraat was standing with an open mouth and wide eyes.

His heart was thudding inside his chest cause not even in his wildest dreams he thought of having a welcome like this.

"W-what was t-that?" He stuttered holding his chest.

Missed by seconds!!

Otherwise...... He would have been parked in heaven like he lied outside. Maybe it was the instant karma of his sins.

"Ask your friend. He'll tell you." Kritika's crisp voice boomed inside the four walls snapping Rehan out of trance.

Weird sensations ran down his body. He was surprised about the effect her voice had on him. God forbid if she touched him this instant, there are high chances that he would pass out then.

"Kittu......" Her mother, who was the second one to come out of the shock, tried to voice out her thoughts regarding her daughter's behaviour but Kritika cut her off in a loud tone.

"I warned him Mumma." She told fiercely to her mother before focusing her orbs back to Rehan. Tilting her head at him with a devilish smirk on her face, she added further.

"Didn't I??"

Hot!!!

That's what Rehan's inner voice screamed at him when he stared down at her dry and chapped petals curved upwards.

How can she look so attractive in a mere gown, that too a hospital one?

He bit his lips and averted his gaze down to the floor to prevent himself from blushing profusely as she was looking too sexy with that intimidated face to stare at.

Viraat swayed his head a little in confusion at his best friend's ears that were turning red all of a sudden. His lips drew in a thin line when he grabbed the reason behind it.

He walked close to Rehan and whispered ridiculously in his ears.

"Chaaku phenk ke mara hai usne, kiss nhi jo tu sharm ki vajah se laal pad raha hai."