Ch. 14 A Shocking Engagement

Author's POV

As soon as the beauticians finished their work of decking up Kritika, she was escorted to a lavish stage in the banquet hall which was booked by her in-laws. She almost passed out when she saw the huge crowd of relatives. Both the families decided to keep it on minimum level by inviting close relatives only. Her quest list had only 70 people in the name of close relatives.

But her in-laws had 300 people in their quest list. At first she was flabbergasted but when her fiance explained her that they deals overseas, everything made sense to her. She heard him saying many times that his family has a good name in the business world. She didn't paid that much attention that time but now, when she came across rich faces loaded with heavy make up and expensive jewelleries, claded in branded outfits, she felt nervous all of a sudden.

All her nervousness flew away when her new friend joined her on the stage. And they started judging everyone like besties. Whenever someone came to congratulate them, they attended them with wide fake smiles. But when those people were out of sight they will start gossiping about them like aunties.

"Ye... tumari side ki sari aunties mujhe aise kyun ghur rahi h jaise maine unke pati fasa liye ho." Whispered Kritika to her would be fiance.

( Why your relative aunties are staring at me like i have trapped their husbands )

"Unke pati nhi, unki betiyon ke hone wale pati ko." He whispered back still smiling at quests.

( Not their husband, but their daughter's would be husband )

"What??" Kritika couldn't help to look at his face for clarification.

"Jo aunties tumhe ghur rahi h un sab ne maa aur chachi ko patakar apni betiyon ko is ghar me set karne ki koshish ki thi. Par fail ho gayi." He added further.

( Those aunties who are staring at you, tried to set their daughters in my house by persuading mom and chachi. But failed. )

"Oh.... To ye baat h. Lekin manna padega, kafi demand h tumhari. Aunties mujhe ghur rahi h aur unki betiyan tumhe." She said in teasing manner.

( Oh.... So this is the matter. But i must say you are in demand. Aunties are staring at me and their daughters at you. )

"Demand to tumhari bhi h. Kyunki betiyan mujhe ghur rahi h aur unke bete tumhe." He teased back.

( You are also in demand. Because their daughters are staring at me and their sons at you. )

"Perks of being beautiful." She finished with a wink which made the male infront of her to chuckle.

"By the way, why are we still waiting? I want to get out of this heavy outfit as quickly as possible." She asked with a little pout on her face because this dress was irritating her. It's beautiful but heavy for a person like her who prefers simple and light outfits.

 It's beautiful but heavy for a person like her who prefers simple and light outfits