Ch. 21 Hitched

Author's POV

Kritika was too stunned to speak something when she saw Rehan as her groom on Vihaan's place. She stood rooted at her spot.

"Rehan!!  What are you doing here? Where's Vihaan?"

Kalyani's screams echoed throughout the hall. Her mind clouded with negative thoughts. The first thing people will assume is that her son ran away. She knows her younger son is responsible just like Rehan. He won't disappoint them infront of so many people.

''I am asking you something Rehan."

Rehan gazed at the people whispering themselves. He had to do it.

He had to tell the truth before people start cooking their own stories.

He inhaled a gush of air before setting the words free.

"He is kidnapped."

His statement increased the intensity of whispers.

*Thud*

"Kalyani...." Everyone rushed to her unconscious figure.

Rehan picked his mother in his arms before taking her to one of the guest rooms.

He placed Kalyani on the bed and covered her with a duvet before facing his father.

"Dad.... You take care of Mom. I am going to bring Vihaan back."

He left the room in jiffy along with Viraat, ignoring the calls of his family.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Bhabhi please shant ho jaiye. Apko abhi-abhi hosh aaya h."

( Sister-in-law please calm down. You just came to your senses. )

Amulya tried to pacify a pacing kalyani, who looked back at her blankly before speaking in a shrill voice.

"Kaise shant ho jau Amulya. Pehle Kritika aur ab.... Vihaan. Aur uspar ye shaadi. Mujhe to samajh nhi aa rha ki-"     

( How should I calm down Amulya. First Kritika and now... Vihaan. And this marriage on top of that. I don't understand that- )

"Mom"

Her rant was cut off by Vihaan's voice who, without wasting a second embraced his mother. Behind him, Rehan and Viraat also entered.

"Rehan.... I think you to need to give explanation for your actions? And it should be valid enough because YOUR actions, changed someone's life completely."

Pratap let out in angry tone eyeing Kritika, who was sitting numbly on the sofa between her parents.

Rehan knows how his father is. He is a man of morals. It's not the person for him. It's only either wrong or right. No matter who the person is.