Ch. 12 Regret

Author's POV

Kritika was stunned to witness her whole family thanking Rehan for saving her father's life including her brother who never interacted much with strangers or relatives.

She was too busy in absorbing her surroundings that she didn't realised when Rehan left the room. She was in some spell which her brother broke by calling out her name. She looked at her brother like a confused child who gestured her towards her father through eyes.

Just a single look of her hero,

and....

She broke down, like a child. And ran towards him before hiding herself in his comforting arms. Her fear was flowing down in the form of her tears. It was an emotional moment for everyone. She never cries untill it's something serious but whenever she does, it's difficult to make her stop if her father is not around.

"Shhh.... Duggu.... I am fine. See." Vijay tried to console her crying daughter.

"I-I was s-scared." She stuttered in her father's chest.

"I know beta. Now stop crying. Hmmm?" He said while bringing her face out of his chest.

She listened to her father's words and stopped crying to not to stress him. She took a seat on the stool beside her father whereas everyone surrounded her and father's bed.

"Papa..... How do you know Mr. Rathore? And why were you all thanking him?" Asked Anshika when she found situation a bit light.

"He was the one who saved me." He replied.

"And also the one who injured you. Isn't it?" Asked kritika with a pinch of anger in her voice.

"It wasn't his fault duggu. His car got out of control. Even though he was injured like me, but he ignored his wounds and helped me first." Replied Vijay rubbing her back to calm her anger.

Injured!!

But he didn't seem like that.

Balki aise lag rahe the jaise kisi fashion show se direct delivery hui h yaha par.

( Rather, it looked like it was delivered straight here, from a fashion show. )

Thought Kritika in her mind but got interrupted by her father's question.

"But how do know him?"

"Cause I met him, few moments ago." Replied Kritika after releasing a sigh.

"Ohhh.... Thank you bol diya na?"

( Did you said thank you? )

Kritika's POV

Thank you!!

Ab apko kaise bataun?