Ch. 59 Insecurities And Guilt

Author's POV

The moment Kritika's running figure crossed Aman's stumped one standing down the stage with Iraa in his arms, the cat jumped out of his embrace following her from behind along with Rehan who was trying his best to grab Kritika's hand.

Turning around, Aman looked at the woman responsible for everything with rage swirling in his eyes as he made his way up to the stage before stopping exactly a meter away from her.

"The lady you just insulted moments ago is my Bhabhi Maa." He stressed the word peeping deep into her startled orbs due to his sudden appearance before her.

"And she isn't infertile. Because she already has three kids. Me, my sister Amrita. Iraa and yeah, the fourth one isn't hatched yet. Right Diya Bhabhi sa?" His lips stretched wide in a vicious smile as he tilted his head in Diya's direction.

She mindlessly nodded in return but then her eyes widened in realization when the meaning of his words drowned into her.

"Did you just call my baby an egg? How dare you, you punk?" She screeched and tried to get up from the seat while holding her almost 8 months old baby bump but when she couldn't, she threw the decorative cushion at him.

After getting the usual smack of the day which generally is reserved for Vihaan because of her pregnancy mood swings, he sobered up grabbing the pillow he just received on his face.

"So where I was? Ohh yes, Mother. Which you are a horrible one. And look at the irony. You !! You are taunting my Bhabhi Maa." He scoffed, taking two steps back, stuffing his hands in trousers after throwing the cushion away and ushered loudly for the spectators to hear.

"Vo aurat jis ka chota beta aaye din college ki masum ladkiyon ki zindagi ke sath khelta hai. Unhe blackmail karta hai, unke nude videos banata hai. Vo aurat meri Bhabhi Maa ko banjh bol rahi hai? Like seriously?" He stepped ahead and bent himself down to make eye contact with Diya's Bua.

( The woman whose younger son plays with the lives of innocent college girls. Blackmails them, makes nude videos of them. That woman is calling my sister-in-law barren? )

"Sirf bacche paida karne se maa nahi ban jate, unki acchi parvarish bhi karni padti hai. Aur apki parvarish dekh kar mujhe to aap banjh lagti hain." He tsked showing non existent pity for her.

( You do not become a mother just by having children, you also have to take good care of them. And looking at your upbringing, you seem barren to me. )

And that was it !! The woman's nostrils flared and eyes enlarged, making her raise her hand in the air with an intention to plaster a slap across Aman's face. But Vihaan already reached there for the rescue and held her palm even before it could touch the air around his younger brother's face.

"You won't listen right? Nithya !!" He jerked Kiran Devi through her hand and called out to the girl who climbed the stage without delaying a second.

"Throw her out. And her supporters too." The last line was directed at Vihaan's mother in law by him to which Nithya nodded in compliance before taking a quick glance at Aman who purposely avoided looking at her by moving his face to another direction.

INSIDE THE MANSION

"Kriti, please listen to me. Kriti-"

Rehan was trying his best to get a grip on her and when he finally managed to, Kritika pushed him back via his chest a little harshly.

"Was it your body? Tell me Rehan. Was it?" He shook his head in denial, gripping her hands that were fisting the cloth of his shirt over the chest.