Ch. 13 Marriage

Author's POV

Kritika was getting ready for her work. She called Manoj in the morning and explained him the entire incident. She asked for leave but couldn't got since she took it 2 days ago. So she opted for a half day, to use it for meeting Rehan. She was determined to apologise him for the mistake she did.

But things never go the way we plan. Same thing happened with Kritika, whose plan of apologising got destroyed by God himself. When she approached Manoj to ask for half day, she heard him and the manager saying that Rehan has left for Germany last night due to important business deals. And there's no defined time of his coming back.

Is he serious??

Jaan khatre mein h, lekin business jyada important h.

( Life is in danger, but business is more important )

Money minded behaviour!!

Ruk nhi sakte the mere sorry bolne tak.

( Couldn't stop till I said sorry )

She huffed while thinking and went back to her usual routine.

It's been 10 days to the whole occurence and 3 days to Vijay's discharge

It's been 10 days to the whole occurence and 3 days to Vijay's discharge. But nothing changed regarding Rehan's matter. Kritika even visited his office and ended up hearing the same excuse from the receptionist. The only thing changed was Kritika's family environment. She has noticed her father's changed behaviour.

Earlier he used to look at her in admiring way. But since he came back home, he's looking at her without blinking as if she will disappear in between his blinks. She was confused by her father's behaviour but didn't question regarding it. Not only her father, but her mother's behaviour was also quite unfamiliar for her.

Whenever she used to interrupt her parents conversation, they never paid any heed to her sudden appearance. But from last three days whenever she interrupted them, she found them stopping all of a sudden and trying to change the topic. She didn't said anything but it was obvious for her that they're hiding something from her.

She had enough of all those eye gestures and blinks. She decided to confront them but before she can, they dropped the bomb on her which was totally unexpected for her.

"I want you to get married in my presence.

I never thought of your marriage because I found you too young to be married. But when I was on the hospital bed, the only question in my mind was what will happen to my duggu after me? I'm not worried about Arjun because Anshika is a nice girl. She is capable enough to handle everything. But you are still young and innocent my kiddo. You don't know what real world actually is. You have always got me and your brother's back. But we can't be there all the time right!! So, i want to found you a capable man who will be there with you in our absence.''