Ch. 52 When Devil met Beast

Author's POV

"Why the hell are we here in London Rehan, when those bastards are in Russia?" Viraat grumbled, twisting his lips in frustration at his best friend who was glued to his phone beside him.

"Trip....... A small trip before we step into the battlefield." Rehan reverted, keeping his attention on the screen where he could see the live updates on Kritika's health through the camera that he asked his brother to install in his wife's room without anyone's knowledge.

"We don't need a trip. We need proper planning on how to get our hands on those bastards between that tight security. Total 300 trained and armed guards....... That's what we have to tackle down to intrude inside that mansion where Malhotra is taking shelter right now." He exasperated when he saw the lack of seriousness from Rehan's side.

It was another way of him reminding his friend that Malhotra isn't alone this time but was being supported by someone so powerful. And if you wish to defeat your enemy who's stronger than you, then you have to be sharp instead of strong.

Rehan diverted his vision from his phone to the sulking man beside him and sighed before opening his mouth.

"We are about to reach. Get ready." Viraat's annoyance spiked up even more by Rehan's ignorant behaviour.

He didn't know what his friend meant by reach. Because as per him, they just landed in London an hour ago by Rehan's private jet. And post that, they took a car to proceed to their destination which he still wasn't aware of.

It was around 4 in the morning when they went to Rathore Mansion and got themselves cleaned up to board the flight. Thankfully London was 9 hours away from Delhi, which gave him more than enough time to rest. But he can't say the same for Rehan because when he dozed off and woke up after fulfilling his sleep, Rehan was sitting in the same position. Which means he didn't sleep at all.

As per Indian standard time, it was afternoon in Delhi. But London was 5.5 hours behind India which makes the current time here to be around 7:30 AM.

Such a nice way to start London's morning.........

Viraat scoffed to himself, staring out of the window on his side. He noticed clearly that the place their car was entering looked like a mansion. He shifted forward to question Rehan for yet another time even though he know Rehan would hardly answer.

But his words died down his throat when his eyes fell on the large gate of the mansion guarded by armed men in all black uniform.

Okay so he knew this, they are in someone's territory. And now the question is.......

Who is that particular someone???

One of the guards came forward and bent down to the open window of Rehan's side to question them for their visit.

"Rehan Pratap Singh Rathore. I am here to meet ASR........" Viraat craned his neck faster than light from that guard to Rehan upon hearing the name of the person they are here to meet.

"Just a second." That man excused himself, bringing the walky talky closer to his mouth and telling the person on another side about the arrival of guests, that is, Rehan and Viraat, to seek permission for their entry.

"Have you lost your mind?" The man whom Rehan calls his best friend, almost jumped over him when the guard was no more in sight.

"Viraat listen-"