Ch. 24 Muh Dikhai

Author's POV

Morning came sooner than the expected for the couples who were snuggled in each other's arms, without their knowledge.

They looked perfect together like match made in heaven. Even though, they are poles apart in each and every sense. There's visible difference between them.

Giant He....
Tiny She....

Strong He....
Fragile She....

Egoistic He....
Generous She....

But it was supposed to happen cause, Opposites do attract. And the same thing is going on between Kritika and Rehan, unknown to them.

Sun shone brightly and birds chirped loudly as a sign for the couple to woke up from their slumber but they glued more to each other.

Kritika was completely sprawled over him like a koala with her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. Whereas, Rehan subconsciously wrapped his manly arms around her petite waist covered in his t-shirt. Both were sleeping peacefully leaving all the worries and problems aside.

But that peaceful moment didn't last long, cause someone knocked the door breaking their sleep. Kritika whinned hearing the voice and tried to turn her body to get comfortable, disturbing Rehan in the process. Who opened his eyes and found her partially laying on him. He looked around him with his drowsy eyes when the person outside his room started knocking again.

With an inaudible groan, he gently moved her on another side of the bed and leaped to open the door. He found Amrita standing there with clothes and jewelleries in her hand.

"Good morning Bhai!! Ye Badi Maa ne bhijvaya hai, bhabhi ke liye. Aur kaha hai ki jaldi se ready hoke niche aa jayen, Muh dikhai ki rasam ke liye."

( Good morning brother!! Elder mother has sent these for sister-in-law. And asked her to come down quickly after getting ready for the Muh dikhai ceremony. )

He hummed before taking the thaal from her hand and shutting the door on her face leaving her dumbfounded.
He then moved towards the bed and gently shook Kritika after keeping those things aside.

"Get up Kritika!!"

No response....

"Everyone is waiting for you downstairs."

No response....

"Get up if you don't want to be late."

But she turned to other side, snatching the thread of his patience along.

Her ignorance and his lethargic mood also didn't help. He picked her roughly and proceeded further to the bathroom in a jiffy. He placed her sleeping figure under the shower before tapping it open. And the next moment, her shouts resonated all over the room.

"Aaaaaaaa........ Barish!!   Barish!!   Bar-"

( Rain )

She paused when she saw Rehan holding her under the shower while maintaining a safe distance to protect himself.

"What the heck is this? What are you trying to do?" She struggled in his hold.

"Seems like you are fully awake now. So have a good morning ahead."

With that he turned and tried to leave. But his attempt turned out to be futile when Kritika jerked him towards herself under the shower with the  sudden pull of his hands. The slippery floor turned out to be a helping hand though.