Ch. 17 Kidnapped and Assaulted

Author's POV

"Kittu... Get up Beta...."

But the female on bed only turned and twisted her body to other side.

"Get up Kittu.... I need to check your health."

Kritika opened her eyes slowly and glanced at her mother's worried face before letting out a gruff morning voice.

"What happened to my health?"

"That's what I have to check. Last night Anshu and Arjun brought you home saying your health is not good. They didn't even told me what actually happened there."

Kritika sit up and stretched her body trying to recollect the events of last night. She yawned with half closed eyes but they opened fully at her mother's question.

"What's this wierd smell coming out from your mouth?"

She peeked at her mother who was looking at her curiously, before bringing her hand infront of her mouth to smell her own breath. Her furrowed brows eased in realisation when  Rehan's words rang in her mind.

It was vodka.

"I am asking you something Kittu."

"Vo mumma...... Actually....."

"She ate some unknown dish Aunty."

They saw Anshika entering the room. Kritika thanked God mentally because she knows she can't utter just anything. If her mother is unaware of last night incident then she better stay quite and let Anshika take the lead.

"She started vomiting all of a sudden, so we brought her home. You know na how cranky she gets during sickness."

Kritika stared her friend who lied smooth like butter and her mother who looked concluded with her excuse.

"That's good. Now both of you come for breakfast. I'll make something light for you."

Anita spoke the last line specifically referring to Kritika before exiting the room leaving raging Anshika behind.

"You idiot girl. What was that? Do you know how worried i got? I lied to Arjun just to save your drunk ass. Now explain what you and Mr. Rathore were doing in that parking lot? And since when you started drinking?"

Anshika threw her pent up anger on her friend who gripped her head sitting on the bed in loose clothes which she changed last night in her unconscious state.

"I am waiting for your answer? What exactly happened las-"

"I don't know. I don't remember anything, about how we ended up in parking lot. I only remember the things before getting drunk."

Her voice came out a bit harsh due to anger and irritation. First this throbbing headache and then Anshika's shoutings caused her to be grumpy. She narrated the incident rubbing her forehead to ease the pain.

"So you don't have any idea what happened after that?"

Kritika shook her head in denial and got up from the bed to freshen up.

"You guys were together for almost an hour or maybe more than that. God knows which kind of stupidities you did in that mean time."

Anshika's words halted her steps. She looked back and replied in a duh tone.

"Chill!!....... Nashe me thi main. Nashe me log murder tak kar dete h, maine to phir bhi flirt hi Kiya hoga."

( I was drunk. Drunk people even commit murder, I must have flirted only. )