Demon Pair - Torment

The sight of a ghost disturbs me more than anything I have seen as yet. Somehow I believe that the ghost is more than what it appears to be as again I did not sense a threat when it walked by. I get up from the floor and head over to the cell door pulling it open, I had to use a bit of strength as the door was stuck. I appear to be in a cell block that only holds three cells and although alien to me they must have served a purpose at one time.

I am stopped from exiting the cell block as I catch sight of something in the corner of my eye. When I look to see what it was I am left somewhat bemused to see many cocoons laying around the cells. Some of them were opened with people's bones hanging out of them and some were spread out around the jail cells. I go back to the cell to the left of one I had fallen into to see a recent feast had taken place as the floor was bathed in blood and the bones had recently been stripped of flesh. After a sight like that I exit the cell block quickly only to end up outside in a court yard.

A cool welcoming breeze blows against my face as I look around the court yard. Across the court yard stands tall the front gates of the jail and my way out of this place. Only, when I come to the door on the tall gates it is locked and so I am left having to look for the key. As I am walking across the courtyard I hear something slam to the floor behind me causing a small tremor. The sight that I see as I gaze over my shoulder is a knight of rusted armour and rotting flesh stands waiting for me to make the first move.

I bolt for the door listening to the heavy metal foot step behind me giving chase but when I get to the door closing it behind me it just stands out side looking at the door. The knight then runs away into another door out of sight and I am left frozen solid with shock as when I turn to start my search for the key the ghost I had seen earlier passes through me. I change my mind from walking and instead I run down the corridor in the opposing direction that the knight took.

The corridors are eerie in the darkness with only a few spots of moonlight coming from the open doors of the jail cells that I walk pass. I feel that I am becoming paranoid as I swear I can hear foot steps following behind but every time I look I see nothing. To be sure that I am not being followed I go into a cell pretending that I have seen something and as soon as I close the door I hide behind it taking out my sword. The door creeks open and I grab hold of it pulling it wide open to face nothing but any empty corridor. I peer out from the jail cell still to see nothing, however, as I stand by the door of the jail cell I am pushed into the corridor with the door slamming behind me.

I quickly stand up grabbing my sword when the cell door behind me opens up and a mysterious force pulls me in. I hear groaning evil laughter as I pull myself up from the floor and again I grab my sword only for it to be torn out of my hand. The sword hovers in the air for a few seconds before flying towards me at speed and I throw my self to the floor as the sword buries itself in the wall. The door rumbles for something batters against it with great force, eventually that force is too strong for the door to withstand and caves in on its self falling to the ground.

I am pulled from the jail cell and dragged down the corridor before been eventually thrown into a large chamber. I lay on the floor beaten when a dark shadow walks in and stands over me. Laying helplessly on the floor the shadow knight kicks me across the chamber slamming the door shut and the torches spontaneously ignite lighting the chamber. The sight that greets me when all the torches light is that of a chapel and I lay between the seats in the isle. The chapel has been changed as the holy emblem had been broken then arranged into a new symbol of religion for the decaying knight in rusted armour that draws its sword and slowly walks over to me.