Playing With 'Doggy'

I run with such fear I pass exhaustion, But still I run, fear controls me as I pass the pain and the agony. I run till my legs can no longer carry me and even then I still go on, tripping, falling to the ground only to push myself back on my feet hoping to escape the forest. But it comes to no prosperity. I fall to my knees behind a tree breathing deeply. I peer carefully beyond the bark of the tree, again searching for the silhouette, However, what I see is a shadow jumping quickly from tree to tree. But what is it that I see? It walks on two legs like I do but looks like and sounds like a wolf.

The beast stops and sniffing at the ground it lifts its head smelling the air. In the light of the moon I see a shine of red on my hand... blood... it has the scent now... I glance beyond the tree again, looking at the beast as it points its snout into the air howling once again, this time with a growl and an essence of blood lust. I step back panicking and twisting my ankle, I fall forward into the tree. The twist is nothing serious and I look back beyond the tree to the silhouette only to see that it had gone. My body shudders with fear and when a cold breeze blows by I hear the rustle of leaves in the canopy of the trees and then the beast howl again, this time it is coming from behind me.

I fear to look as I hear something drop to the ground and then run through the forest foliage behind me. When I do look I peer over my shoulder to see the beast is bearing down on me. Jumping through the air it swipes its right claw and I drop to the floor in time crawling on my back to get away. The beast tears at the bark of the tree, on its fourth swipe the tree is weakened and the trunk breaks causing it to fall to the ground hitting my. Pulling my hand from under the fallen tree I quickly get to my feet running as I wrap my hand in my t-shirt.

I hear the beast running chasing me, I am running so franticly that I trip over a tree root breaking my injured hand as I hit the ground. I groan in pain as I crawl to grab a piece of wood. I turn to face the beast but it is not in sight, I swing around madly looking for any sign of the beast. But with only the sound of the wind blowing leaves along the ground the forest is silent. I stumble around, keeping a sharp eye on my surroundings, looking for a safe place. Some how safety seems like nothing but a fantasy as I walk in my nightmare.

I have found a tree with a shallow cave beneath its roots to take refuge in, so that I can properly wrap my wounded hand. As I sit, finishing wrapping my wound, I hear a thud above me. Heavy foot steps slowly cross over the shallow cave. My heart beats quickly but I try to keep myself calm by breathing slowly and quietly. I hold up the lump of wood, staring at the entrance to the cave, waiting for the beast to find me. I hear what sounds like the beast running away so I slowly make my way out the cave, keeping my vision sharp. I hear a growl coming from the trees in front of me. I hold the lump of wood ready for the beast to attack, but when the beast does attack, it jumps from the bushes grabbing the lump of wood between its teeth, taking it from me.

I step back helpless against the beast, as it bites through the lump of wood with its powerful jaws it throws its clawed hands down bellowing out a fearsome roar. I jumps clutching at my chest with its claws and with its sharpened teeth it bites into my neck, sending a cold shock through my whole body. But the pain goes away after a while and my vision blurs then darkens and eventually becomes completely black.