Chapter 24: Three Letter Word

A/N: Oh my god thank you so much for 3k views that means a lot to me! This chapter ended up being cuter then I had intended, so enjoy that :)))

"It doesn't make sense," Stiles said, leaning against the wall as Ella leaned against his shoulder. "I don't get it," he shrugged.

A smile appeared on her face, "that's because you're thinking too hard about it," she said, taking the textbook from his hand and going through the page with him, "does that make more sense?"

He nodded, "thanks Ella," he smiled. Her blue eyes softened as she bowed her head down, a strain of hair covering her face. He moved his hand slowly, tucking the hair behind her ear.

"You're beautiful," he said and for a moment her world froze, she sucked in a breath. Never did she think Stiles would ever notice her, let alone return her feelings for him.

He had always been around Malia, she had to watch the pair. But it was finally her chance, her turn. She leaned closer, the sound of a loud thump sending her jumping back.

"Sorry to interrupt but this is important," Alec says, slamming folder down onto the table.

"It better be or I'm going to kill you," Ella hissed.

"It is," Alec said, opening up Scott's folder in front of them. "I didn't get to finish his folder the other day, I came back to it today and found your folder inside of it," he said looking to Stiles.

He flicked the first few pages over, "is this an interrogation?" Ella asked.

"Maybe," Alec said, "you know Liam killed a paramedic right?"

Ella nodded, but Stiles remained still. "Your mother was a paramedic, wasn't she?" Stiles sighed, "that gives you a motive."

"If it gave me any motive it would be to kill Liam, he's still alive and my eyes aren't bright and shiny, idiot." Stiles explained, "I'm not the killer dude."

"Wait," Ella paused, "Liam killed your mother?"

"Accidentally," Stiles said softly, "I don't hate him, okay? It was an accident, and my mother never should have gone inside alone without fire fighters." He hated talking about it, he didn't like blaming his mother but he knew it was an accident and it had been a risk she had taken.

"You could be the killer," Alec stated.

"He's not," Ella snapped, "Stiles just said he doesn't hate Liam, if he did don't you think he would have been treating Liam shitty this whole time? He hasn't, but Brett has."

"That's why my dad started drinking..." Stiles sighed, "he couldn't handle the loss, it made him hate fire elementals," he said in a saddened tone.

Ella rubbed his back, "Liam would take it back if he could, you know that right?" Stiles nodded, "he was trying to hurt his own father so he could protect his mother, he never meant to hurt anyone else."

"I know," Stiles replied, "he has a big heart and I know that I'm not angry at him and I would not kill people because of him," he shot a look in Alec's direction.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Alec asked.

Stiles leaned back against the chair, "because before all of this happened, I kept to myself Alec, I had Scott and Malia, that was it. I don't run around the school and talk to everyone like that, people know me and they like me—I think. Either way, it wasn't worth mentioning. When Liam came to the school I kept my distance from him, I was still healing."

Ella met his gaze, "well I'm proud of you," she said. Her fingers found his and they intertwined, "Alec, it's not him okay? Why don't you take that back to Liam's room and-"

ElementalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara