Chapter 30: To Our Future

A/N: This is not only the final chapter but it also doubles as the epilogue! There is a time jump half way through it!!

A/N: explicit smut :)

"You're so cheating," Liam laughed, pulling out a red number 5 card and slapping it down onto the table. Mason rolled his eyes, "you so are!" Liam declared as he had to pick up another six cards. Playing uno with Mason had proven to be a mistake.

"Oh please," Mason laughed, "you're just mad because you have sucked at every game we have played." He wasn't wrong, Liam had truly failed and lost at every card game the two played.

"Yeah? Get me on the PlayStation and I'll kick your ass," Liam laughed. Since returning home Liam had re-found his love for video games, Fortnite, call of duty & gta. His mother had to fight to get him off the bloody thing every night, begging him to get some sleep.

"Theo comes back soon, doesn't he?" Mason asked, peeking Liam's interest. A shy smile gracing his face as he nodded, "you've probably been keeping count, haven't you?"

"Oh shut up," Liam laughed, even though he was right. Yes, he had been keeping count. Practically staring at his calendar and counting down the days, desperate to be in Theo's arms again, waiting for the day he could hold him again. "Just six more days and he can come home," he said softly.

Mason nodded, "I wish Corey could come home sooner," he said, a hint of sadness lacing his words as he looked to the side of the room. Liam nodded, knowing how hard it must be.

"He'll be here before you know it Mase," Liam smiled. Mason nodded, although it felt like he would be waiting forever, he was trying to keep it together. In the meantime, he could keep flogging Liam at uno, that was making his mood happier.

Liam's dramatic reactions to the game always increased Mason's mood, making him laugh or roll his eyes. He was grateful for him, appreciative of their friendship. He didn't know what he would do without Liam, his best friend.

Jenna entered the room, a platter in her hand as she placed it down onto the table. A mixed assortment of chips, dips and carrot sticks for them to eat. "Oh, thanks mum," Liam smiled, not expecting it.

"No worries baby," she said, a soft smile on her face before she walked back into the kitchen. Liam immediately grabbed a carrot stick, dipping it into the hummus dip and chomping down onto it. The crunch between his teeth was loud, almost louder than the knock at the door.

"Someone's here," Mason said, "were you expecting anyone else?"

Liam frowned, "I don't think so?" He stood up from his kneeled position on the ground and walked towards the kitchen, "did you invite someone over?" he asked his mother, only for her to shake her head.

"No, I thought you must have," she shrugged, grabbing her bottle of wine and a cork opener. "Just open it, I'm sure it's the mail man."

Liam nodded, shaking his head before reaching for the door and turning the handle. The wind sucking from him as he stood frozen in place, "Theo..."

"Miss me?"

Liam let out a exasperated noise before leaping himself into Theo's arms, "how?" he asked. His eyes wide and watery as he was finally holding his boyfriend again, after nine long and painful months apart, they were finally reunited.

"Tara granted me a week early," he smiled, "I have been on my absolute best behaviour." The twinkle in his eyes sent shivers down Liam's spine, "God, I missed you."

"I missed you so much," Liam replied, leaning forward and capturing Theo's lip for a much needed and well overdue kiss. His hands tangling in Theo's hair, feeling like it was only them around unaware that Mason was watching the display of affection.