Chapter 29: Graduation

A/N: Helloooooo! I hope you enjoy this chapter <3

"I can't believe this is the last time we will be standing in this room together," Mason said, looking around Liam's room before releasing a raspy laugh, "time flies."

"Especially when we die..." Liam replied, "I still can't believe we won."

"Don't jinx it," Mason retorted, the last thing they needed was someone getting hurt on their last day. Everything had gone back to normal since Allison passed on and Noah was sent away, everyone seemed happy. Brett never returned, since his death wasn't caused by Scott or Allison... he remained dead.

Tara had taken over and everything had been going smoothly, she took her position seriously and allowed fun back into the school. After seeing how happy Theo and Liam were together and the others, she lifted the ban on mixed elemental dating. She called it 'old and dated', she didn't need to follow those rules.

But now a year later, the time was finally here. They were graduating, leaving this school and allowed to return home. Although Liam was excited, he was also terrified... his stomach already turning with the thought of not being able to see Theo for nine months.

It should have been longer, but Theo had made amazing progress in his training, practically taking over the class. Except for Stiles, of course. He still was the smartest student in the water elementals and given his grades he was able to help Theo and Nolan practice.

Speaking of Nolan, he and Alec had finally been reunited. Unable to keep their hands off each other, it became a habit to meet in the suppl closet between classes, Theo even started calling them rabbits with the way they were always at it.

"You promise we'll see each other?" Liam asked, his voice laced with hope as he met Mason's brown eyes.

"Of course," Mason replied holding out his pinkie, "we're brothers, I meant that when I said it. You can't get rid of me that easy." Liam smiled at his words, he never wanted to lose Mason.

"I don't intend on losing you," he replied before turning to see Corey and Theo, both of which were not graduating for another nine months—14 months for Corey.

Liam laughed, interlocking their pinkies. "Good, cause you're my best friend Mase." He couldn't imagine his life without him, especially after what they had been through together.

Mason shared a saddened face with Liam before walking towards his boyfriend, "I don't want to leave you here," he pouted. Corey nodded, taking Mason's hands and trying to be stronger for him.

"It's okay, time will fly by," he said and god was he hoping that was true. "Plus, I'll have Nolan, Theo & Alec to keep me company." He shrugged, as if he wasn't about to lose his boyfriend for over a year.

"And Ella," Mason added, since Stiles would also be graduating with them.

"Oh yes, so me and Ella will be fourth wheeling with Alec and Nolan, lucky us." Corey laughed, not wanting to let go of the other boy's hand. The bell ringing pulled him away though, "do you have to go?"

Mason looked down, "I do." He leaned forward, their lips meeting as they engaged in a passionate kiss, "I promise I will stay true to you, to us," he said, knowing Corey had been paranoid about that, but Mason would never cheat.

"I will too, I promise." Corey replied, not that Mason had been worried about that at all. Corey was one of the sweetest and most genuine people he had ever met, he had nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, Liam was latched around Theo. His face was buried in the older boy's neck as he refused to let go, "just come with me, sneak out."

Theo smiled, running a hand through Liam's hair—knowing it would be the last time he was able to do so for a few months, "you know I can't do that," he said, his eyes glistening with sadness at the thought.