Chapter 14: Caught

A/N: I have finally started working on a royal thiam au fic and ohhhh myyyy godddd... you guys are going to love it! It's easily become my favourite fic i have EVER wrote and i can't wait to read you guy's comments and see your reactions as everything progresses <3

"I don't know how long I can keep him distracted," Theo admitted, feeling nervous as they finally began putting the plan into action. Nobody had ever broken into the headmaster's office, at least not to their knowledge.

"Lemme guess, you're having doubts?" Liam asked, turning to face him with a look of concern. "We need you Theo; we can't do this without you."

"Get in, look through shit and get the hell out."

"We will," Mason replied before looking around and making sure the coast was clear before Corey walked around the corner, "okay, you ready?"

Corey looked nervous, more so than Theo. "I still don't think this is a good idea," he said, his voice quiet and hesitant.

"If we get caught, we won't mention your name ok?" Liam said, trying to reassure him, knowing that Corey was sticking his neck out for them.

"Okay, come on." Corey offered his hands out to the two boys while Theo watched the halls, making sure nobody saw what they were doing. "Hold on and don't move around."

Before either boy could respond they began levitation off the ground, "oh shit-" Liam said only now realising he had a fear of heights, he looked down and immediately regrated that decision.

"This is so cool," Mason said, looking around as Corey continued to rise them up. Reaching the vent he turned to Mason, "oh right," Mason said using his shaky hand to lift open the vent and with Corey's help, he was able to get inside it.

"Oh god," Liam gulped, as Corey turned them so that Liam could follow suit. "This is fucking terrifying," he said as Mason grabbed his shirt and tugged him into the vent with him, the metal clinking sent them both into shushing the other.

"Thank you," Mason whispered, watching as Corey slowly began to lower himself in a controlled matter. Theo waiting at the bottom to help steady him, he knew how exhausting it was to use their abilities, especially for long periods of time.

"Thanks," Corey said offering a small smile, "they both have a death wish, don't they?"

Theo snickered, "kind of."

Meanwhile, inside the vents Liam and Mason began crawling through it, "it stinks in here-"

"Stop complaining," Liam bit back, trying his best not to make noises as they continued making their way through the tunnel.

"I think I'm claustrophobic."

"Don't you dare Mase," Liam paused to see Mason had stopped, "no come on, please I can't go without you, and you can't leave me."

Mason felt his surroundings become fuzzy, his vision blurring. "No, come on just close your eyes and ill lead you," Liam offered him his hand which Mason accepted.

Mason closed his eyes as Liam led him through the vent, the small area feeling tighter and more constricting as they went further. "You good?" Liam asked, turning his neck to see Mason's eyes still shut as he took a controlled breath.

"Are we almost there? This was dumb, why do I come up with this shit," Mason rambled in a whisper, his own brain racing with thoughts. "I'm never doing this again," he added.

"We kind of have to if we want to sneak back out," Liam replied, although he wasn't exactly excited for it either. But he knew they weren't left with many other options; it wasn't like they could walk out the door undetected.