Chapter 9: Unexpected

A/N: This might be my favourite chapter which probably means you'll hate it or you'll hate me... either way I enjoyed writing it lmfao <3

A/N: I have a new wattpad account that i will post original work on (non fanfiction) it will still be gay romances with my usual writing style! If you would like to check it out my user is: sharpkissez I will hopefully have a book up soon <3

Liam's heart dropped, his legs bounced and his eyes watered. The school was having a memorial for those they had lost, this had been the biggest tragedy for everyone.

Nobody understood why this was happening or how, but the headmaster was determined to get to the bottom of it. After the memorial there would be an assembly with everyone in attendance.

Liam had been questioned; they all had been. But Liam didn't see anything, he didn't hear anything, he didn't know anything. He couldn't help, despite his previous hatred for Theo- the pair had an agreement.

"Man, this is intense," Mason said joining by Liam's side despite the side glance he received from Scott for doing so. Liam nodded; he couldn't tell Mason the truth. He knew he could trust Mason, but the more people that knew then the higher the risk was.

"What the hell is happening?" Nolan whispered, joining by Liam's other side. Again, Liam shrugged, his silence was defining. The usually loud and outgoing boy wasn't sure how to feel or what to say- he didn't know what he could say.

"Students," an announcement began, "please resume to your elemental sides and be seated as the assembly begins," they knew the voice. It was their headmaster, his husky voice sending shivers down Liam's spine, reminding him why he couldn't come clean.

He would surely be punished now if he tried, he couldn't take the risk. "I'll see you guys after," Mason said, patting Liam on the back and walking towards the earth elemental group, standing between Scott and Alec.

Soon enough Liam found himself sitting amongst the fire elementals, catching sight of Gwen and Brett standing together- so much for regretting her choices. Liam didn't give them another glance; it wasn't worth his energy.

He had bigger problems to worry about, problems that actually mattered and were a matter of life and death. He was a witness to three people's deaths; he couldn't stop them and he didn't speak up.

Neither did Theo... They were both keeping this secret from everyone else, from the headmaster and security. They were both witnesses and they both could potentially help solve this murder case if they dared to speak up.

The headmaster walked along the stage, his eyes piercing across the students as he glared down upon them from his spot on the stage. His shaky hand gripped the microphone stand and he cleared his voice, "good morning students, I'm not here to beat around the bush." He took a breath and paused, looking up to the stair railing where Jackson and Parrish had gone over.

"In the past week we have lost four people," he stated which immediately caused chatter, as far as everyone else knew it was only three. "Silence," he announced, "Braaden was found not breathing and in her bed this morning by security, this is not a coincidence or an accident anymore."

Liam gulped, trying his best to keep his breath steady. "There is someone here murdering students, we have increased our security..." as he spoke several guards stood up and all wore the same grey jackets, "we are also enforcing new rules," the headmaster paused.

Liam watched him with a questioning gaze, not sure what to expect. "Until we catch this person, we need to take a stand. Curfew will be increased, and all students are to be in their own rooms after seven pm," he looked around students already annoyed and making complaints.