And so Lin Xi will never know what happened after the metal doors of the greenhouse closed behind him.

"Blip, blop..."

Dark red blood mixed with mucus bleed from the cocoon shell.

Immediately afterwards, the shell that was originally normal in front of Lin Xi began to gradually fade and distort.

If Lin Xi had seen it's true appearance, he'd probably be greatly surprised- the pupa shell has been completely broken, shriveled up, like a pile of rotten blankets crumpled on the ground. "No. 1"'s scarred body now laid on top of the cocoon that lost its function.

It maintains a very twisted posture so that its wings with several holes could be spread out. Everything Lin Xi saw before was mimicry made from it's wings.

But under this mimicry, its new body was scarred and bleeding profusely.

"Boom......"

He persisted until Lin Xi got far away, "No. 1"'s body then fell heavily on the discarded cocoon.

It couldn't get used to its new body, even though this was a choice it made without hesitation or doubt in the beginning.

Soft, sensitive flesh that's more trouble than good.

It's so painful, the wound feels like it's been burned by fire. The pain was so much, it almost wanted to wail. This is something that's never happened before- if it was still the same as before, the gun in Lin Xi's hands can't really hurt it. But now, it's been fused with human genes and have grown delicate, sensitive nerves and an extremely fragile shell. Although the wounds weren't fatal, this unprecedented pain made "No. 1" feel extremely uncomfortable.

It propped its forelimbs on the ground in an attempt to get up, but the thick and warm pool of blood made it slip again and again. "No. 1" couldn't get up from this bloody pool, it's wounds were disturbed. It twitched on the floor for a while before gathering enough strength to try again.

But in general, races like it have the unique talents of adapting quickly to their new bodies. After a few attempts, "No. 1" succeeded and half sat up, it looked bit funny in its insectoid form, but its new joints finally felt a bit more comfortable.

"Wu..."

A sound came from "No. 1"'s throat that was unfamiliar even to him.

Human vocal cords are very strange, the sounds they produce very limited. At least to "No. 1"'s ears, those low sounds are simply harsh. But if it was Lin Xi, the sound coming out of his lips was so beautiful.

When he thought of Lin Xi, "No. 1"'s chest began to feel a completely unfamiliar dull pain.

This is new as well.

Maybe it was the thing called the "heart" formed on its chest that imitated the human body, or maybe it was causing trouble... Some vague thoughts slipped through "No. 1"'s mind.

It's only after the two human bodies and part of the brain completely combined that these weird and complex ideas began to emerge inexplicably. "No. 1"'s instinct as an insect panicked, at a loss at these constantly changing thoughts.

It lowered its head and looked at its wound.

These were all caused by Lin Xi's pulse gun.

Although this pulse gun is far less lethal than an ion gun, the pulse beam still left several huge holes in its body. However, in just a few hours, those holes have been filled with black and red muscle fibers and connective tissue. New flesh and blood continue to grow under the thick mucus, blood was squeezed out from the gaps between flesh and blood as it moved.