Chapter 17: Transformation!

Y/n and Van Helsing go down to Van Helsing's lab after sneaking out of the party.
Van Helsing: The Question is: where did I put it?
Y/n looked around the lab in awe.
Van Helsing: It's all organized, very unique, don't touch anything...not there. No, that's not it. It must be in the back somewhere. Come on, hurry up!
Y/n: I'm slowing down for you.
Van Helsing led Y/n through the lab, Y/n being careful not to touch anything.
Van Helsing: Right through here.
He went through a small gap, which Y/n barely managed to squeeze through, then Van Helsing went under a nearly flat passageway.
Van Helsing: Keep up! Yeah!
Y/n crawled through the gap as Van Helsing went up a ramp that put him upside down as he went through another passageway.
Van Helsing: Alley-oop!
Y/n: He did not make this easy for me.
He kept following the mad scientist through the lab, having much more difficulty than Van Helsing.
Van Helsing: I know it's around here somewhere.
Y/n: How did you even find this much space?
Van Helsing: Ah-ha! Found it!
He held up a green gem on a handle.
Van Helsing: Behold, the Monsterfication Ray. It turns any human into a monster.
Y/n: Woah, impressive. This is safe, right?
Van Helsing: Good question, what we need is a guinea pig.
Y/n: I swear to god if I'm-

[Timeskip]

Van Helsing: Meet Gigi.
He takes the Guinea Pig out of her cage.
Y/n: Oh you were serious.
Van Helsing: I'm serious most of the time!
Y/n: She's so small.
Van Helsing: Not for long.
Y/n: Hopefully she stays alive.
Van Helsing turned the ray to monster mode, making the crystal red, and pointed it at Gigi, before blasting her with the beam, and turning her into a giant, purple monster version of herself, who started to gnaw on some nearby metal.
Y/n: Oh sweet! It works!
Van Helsing: Just so you know, I have no say in what you become, who knows what sort of hideous beast you'll become? So let's find out!
Y/n: Probably something energy-based. Let's do this!
Van Helsing fired the beam at Y/n, who at first remained unchanged.
Y/n: Awww, it didn't work.
Suddenly, energy burst out of Y/n and surrounded him.

[At the Party]

Drac was hiding from Mavis and Ericka, hoping he didn't have to explain why he suddenly changed the announcement. While he knew his reasons weren't problematic, he didn't want to out Y/n's mental state if he hadn't already shared it.
Mavis: Dad?
Ericka: Drac?
Drac quickly hid underneath the food table.
Ericka: Honey? Sweetheart?
Mavis: Dad?
He watched the two walk away and sighed in relief, when he heard the sounds of electrical sparks below him.
Drac: What is that?
He snuck out of the party and followed the sound he heard down to Van Helsing's lab, where he heard electricity sparking and static. He opened the door to the lab and peeked his head in.
Drac: Hello? Van Helsing? Is everything okay down here?
He then heard a loud squeak, and turned to see Gigi in her cage, then another volt rang out.
Drac: Hello? Who's there?
The sounds of electricity grew closer and closer, before Y/n jumped on top of the creates in front of the entrance.
Y/n: Heya Drac!

Drac: Wha-- uh, Y/n?Y/n: Yeah! Check it out!He rushed down the mound of boxes as electricity before reforming

Y/n: Yeah! Check it out!
He rushed down the mound of boxes as electricity before reforming.
Y/n: I'm a monster now! Look at how much electricity is coming off my body! I'm so much faster now too!
Drac: Why did you-- How did you...
Y/n: I used Van Helsing's monster ray! Now I don't have to worry about being mortal! I can spend forever with Mavis and Dennis!
He then gasped.
Y/n: Mavis would love to see this! Let's show her!
Drac: Woah, woah, woah, wait, wait, wait.
Y/n darted out of the room, past Drac.
Drac: Oh, no. Mavis is going to kill me.
He grabbed the Monster Ray and turned it to human mode, making the crystal green. Y/n darted through the hotel, looking for Mavis, Drac tried blasting Y/n, but he was too fast and turned a corner before the blast hit him, making it hit a wall and fizzle out. Drac continued trying to turn Y/n back to normal, but each time the blast missed him, eventually hitting one of the zombies.
Ex-Zombie: What? I-I can't believe it. The nightmare-- it's over! I'm human again!
One of the other Zombies bit him, turning him back into A Zombie.
Drac: I better be careful. There are monsters everywhere.
Drac continued to chase Y/n as he darted through the hotel at even faster speeds, Drac shot the bolt out the window, making it bounce around everywhere and eventually into the ice sculpture, and leading into the water, enchanting it. Y/n eventually ran past Dennis and Whinnie walking Tinkles.
Y/n: Hi Tinkles! Heya kiddos!
Dennis: Dad? Is that you?
Y/n: Yeah! Cool, right? I've gotta go show your mom!
The green blast then hit Tinkles, turning him into A normal dog. Drac then changes it to monster mode and turns Tinkles back to normal.
Dennis: Papa Drac, is that my dad?
Drac: Oh, uh, that was not your father, just some random monster. Everything is normal.
Whinnie/Dennis, monotone: Everything is normal.
Drac continued to chase Y/n, still darting around the halls of the hotel, until he came across the party room.
Y/n: Oh, of course! So much time could've been saved.
Drac shot several blasts at Y/n, though they all missed, when Y/n got close to the door, the buttons on the elevator shot out electricity.
Y/n: Woah! What the-?!
He was then pulled into the Elevator's electronics, and the Elevator started to move upwards, Drac turned into a bat and flew up the stairs to catch Y/n at the top. When the elevator stopped, he shot the beam when Y/n came out of the Elevator, though Y/n's electricity dispersed, before reforming as Y/n stumbled around, confused, the blast bounced backwards and hit Drac, knocking him through the window and making him transform into a human on his way down.
Y/n: Ugh, my head...Drac?
He looked out the window and saw Drac falling.
Y/n: That's...not right, hopefully I can still fly!
He jumped out the window and dived towards Drac.

[In the Party Room]

Frank was downing slices of cake like he was never going to be able to eat again, both impressing his friends, and deeply concerning them.
Griffin: Hey, Frank, relax. It's not a contest.
Drac then landed in the pool, Y/n, realizing he shouldn't land in the pool as an electric monster, moved himself to the side and hit the concrete, dispersing the electricity again, and making the sound of thunder ring out through the hotel, as well as a powerful shockwave. Frank, Wayne, Murray, and Griffin ran outside.
Wayne: Drac?
Drac climbed out of the pool as Y/n reformed himself.
Y/n: That...is really dizzying.
All: Y/n?
Murray: Is that you?
Y/n: Cool, right?
Griffin: Woah.
Wayne: What's going on?
Frank: What happened to you?
Griffin: Wait, where's Drac?
Drac: Help!
The five looked up and saw Drac hanging by his cape on the side of the Hotel.
Frank: Drac? Hey, come on down here! Did you see Johnny? He's a monster!
Drac: I know! I can't fly!
Wayne: Did he just say "Wow, that's a fly"?
Griffin: No, he definitely said something about pie.
Frank: Y/n, you have super hearing, right? What did he say?
Y/n: First, no I don't have super hearing, that's Mavis, second, I don't have ears, so things are kinda muffled right now.
Murray: Stop fooling around and come down here!
Drac: I'm not fooling around! I--
His cape then ripped, making him fall.
Frank: Uh, guys, he's not turning into a bat.
Y/n: Ohh, he said he can't fly.
Murray: Don't worry. I got him.
He used his sand powers to bring Drac down safely. He then stood up as a human, looking much worse than he did before. The five monsters in front of him gasp in what I can only assume is horror.
Frank: Drac? Y-You-you look, uh, uh...
Y/n: Worse than usual...good news, you can probably use a mirror to see what you look like now though.
Drac: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!
He ran up to the window and looked at his reflection.
Drac: It can't be!
Y/n: You really got the short end of the deal when it comes to transformations. Although, maybe we should get you back as a Vampire.
Drac: Where is it? Where is it? It's got to be here somewhere.
Murray: What is going on, Drac?
Drac: I need to find the ray!
Murray: You mean that one right there?
He pointed at the monsterization ray, embedded into A zombie's chest. Drac grabbed it and pointed it at himself, but it didn't work.
Drac: Come on, come on! Why isn't this thing working? Come on!
Y/n: It looks like it's out of juice.
Drac, sobbing: No! It can't be!
Mavis, through the window, to another monster: Hey, have you seen my dad?
Drac hides behind a pillar as the monster shakes his head.
Drac: Come on, Y/n, we're getting out of here!
He tried to grab Y/n's wrist, but got electrocuted.
Y/n: Why? I gotta let Mavis know that I can be here longer than I thought.
Drac: What? No no no no. You will obey me!
He tries hypnotizing Y/n, though nothing happens.
Y/n: You're human now, Drac. You can't use hypnosis.
Drac: Ah, crud!
Y/n: Yeah okay, we gotta get this fixed...let's get back to Van Helsing's lab.
The two started to walk away, before Drac turned back to his four friends.
Drac: Do not tell Mavis!
The two walked to Van Helsing's lab.
Frank: Uh...wh-what just happened?
Mavis: Hey.
The four gasp and turn around.
Mavis: Was that my dad?
Frank: No! What? Uh, no.
Murray: Absolutely not.
Griffin: Are you doing something different with your hair?
Mavis: Um, what is going on?
Murray: What's going on? Um. Wayne here was about to show off some new dance moves.
Wayne: Dance moves?
Murray: Yeah, go get 'em.
He pushed Wayne forward to give him the spotlight.
Wayne: Uh, um.
He started to improvise with the moves, before getting into a, flow? I think that's the right word.
Mavis: Uh, okay, well if you see my dad please tell him I need to talk to him.
She walked away as Wayne slipped and fell into the pool.
Wayne: Ow.