Chapter 52

My hand intertwines into Scarlett's hand as we walk to her door. Her key goes to unlock the door before she stops suddenly, widening her eyes. Her movements freeze for a moment just staring at the door, its cracked open.

"Get behind me." She whispers not even taking a second to pull me behind her body.

Her door was unlocked and cracked open, why would her door be open if she wasn't home? She pulls out her cell phone typing something into it then holding it up to her ear.

"I need security on the penthouse floor now."

She hangs it up, shoving her phone into her pocket before pulling something out from her leg, it's a gun.

"Scarlett what the fuck!" I nearly jump just seeing it.

She presses a finger to my lips with her eyes narrowed full of seriousness.

"Just trust me." She whispers.

How am I supposed to trust her? She has a gun in her hand and looks more terrified than I am right now. This cannot be happening, can it?
"Stay behind me, okay?" I feel her hand squeeze mine.

I nod as she cracks her door open some, peeking inside around the living room. My heart is racing inside of my chest, and I can hardly control the rate at which my breath is moving at.

We enter inside of the penthouse, both of us glancing around the place. I stay close behind Scarlett, searching to see if anything is displaced or disrupter from its originally place but nothing has been moved or taken that I can see.

She presses the gun Infront of us as we move through the penthouse, so far there's nothing and no one. The only room left is upstairs in her bedroom.

We move up the stairs silently making our way to the bedroom and my heart is still racing hard. Upstairs I notice immediately her bedroom door is open, she never keeps it open when she's not home.

"Scarlett." I choke.

"I see it." She hushes.

"Stay here please."

She begins to move forward but I grab her wrist causing her to spin around at me.

"I'm not letting you go in by yourself, are you crazy?"

She glances back to the door then back to me, thinking for a moment.

"Fine but stay close. My security should have been here already, and I don't have time to wait around for them."

She pushes through the door with me following behind her. I gasp suddenly as my eyes scan the room.

All of the drawers are pulled out, the bedding has been ripped off the bed, along with clothes and books scattered along her floors. It looks as if the whole room has been rampaged through by Godzilla but no sign of any person in the room.

Scarlett lets out a groan letting the gun fall to her side before heading over to the bed, there's a piece of paper sitting on the mattress.

I watch her pick up the paper and her eyes widening a little as she reads it.

"What's wrong, what is it?" I question her.

I feel her eyes turn to me just staring for a long few moments before we hear the front door open downstairs.

"Ms. Lenore! Are you alright!" A few men yell from downstairs.

I wait for her to respond but she doesn't, she just stares at me.

"Uh yeah we're up here!" I yell back.

Footsteps stomp up the stairs and three men enter the room in suits glancing around the place at the distressed room. Scarlett turns to the main man who scans the room then to her.