Chapter 42

"Please open the door Lilith." Scarlett begs from the other side.

I didn't want to give in, but I was weak against her plead no matter how upset I was with her.

I pick myself up off the floor, unlocking the bathroom door. There wasn't even a second to pass before she came in cautiously, closing the door behind her as if we weren't the only two people in the room.

Across the bathroom I sit myself down on the side of the tube as Scarlett leans herself on the wall opposite from me. She glances at my tear-stained face with concern.

"You think I don't want you, do you?" She speaks up.

Jesus why does she have to read my mind like that.

I nod, trying to avoid her avid stare that pierced through my body.

"Please look at me Lilith. This won't work if we both are not willing to hear the other out here."

I obey and meet her eyes instantly without hesitation. Damn her for having this power over me.

She pushes her body off the wall, making her way over to me before kneeling down to meet my gaze.

Her hand brushes my cheek softly like I was a fragile piece of glass beckoning to break.

"Do you know what I first thought of you, that day I found you in my office after you broke in?"

"That I was a stupid fuck up you wanted to kill." I mumble smartly.

I clenched my jaw as her face tightens into a scowl.

"No. I thought you were the most beautiful, sexy, and tempting women I had ever seen in my entire life. I knew right there you would be my worst regret or my worst mistake, but I never imagined you would have been my saving grace..." She whispers.

My mouth opens a little as I try to contain myself from saying anything that might scare her away from me, I stay silent.

"Lilith the only reason I didn't rip your clothes off right then and there and take you right over my desk was because you were different from every other girl I had ever seen. You had this look in your eye that stopped me in my tracks, and I knew I couldn't just use you; I wanted to protect and cherish you for as long as I possibly could."

At this point tear were falling from my cheeks just hearing the words spill from her mouth.

"Is that true?" I croak?

I sounded so pathetic and like a whimpering child, but she pressed her soft lips onto my forehead and placed a kiss.

"Believe me, I want to have sex with you darling, but I promised myself that if we were ever going to do that, I wanted to do it right. I wanted to make you mine before I ever took that from you..." She echoed out.

"Make me yours? I thought you didn't like labels or dating." I retort.

Scarlett rubs her thumb softly against my cheek, scanning my eyes.

"I want you in a way that I haven't wanted anyone else in a long time. I can't stay away from you and deny myself from having you, so I've given in."

Given in? Does this mean I will finally be able to be hers?

Hope flutters inside of me at just the thought of being more to her than just her secretary and more to me than just my boss.

"When the time is right, I will properly ask you Lilith to be mine. I will do it the way the movies portray if I fucking have to but all I want if for it to be done right because you deserve it." She continues.

"After we are official, and everything is all said and done then I will take you darling but right now I just couldn't let myself do that yet."

I press my head into her hand, resting my weight into her. God what did I do to deserve this woman.

Though it was scary to think I could ever love someone in any way shape or form, I knew right then in this moment that Scarlett Lenore was the one person in this world I wouldn't be scared to let myself fall for, and with that I was content.