Chapter 51

It has been a few days since me and Scarlett got back from England and finally be officially girlfriends. At work it's so hard for me to keep it a secret and not spend all day in her office just being next to her but we both knew we couldn't do that.

We have been planning on telling my parents officially so we decided it would be best to have dinner with them at my place tonight.

I open the front door and instantly spot my mom at the counter as I hear her call after me.

"Lilith, good you're home." She turns her head to me smiling.

I haven't told my parents yet about the dinner or even that I was inviting Scarlett over.

I give my mom a warm smile as I set my bag down on the countertop.

"Hey mom."

She waves me to have a seat next to her when I catch her flipping through different paint colors.

"I've been thinking I want to paint the living room something different, which colors do you think would be best?"

She shoves three different greyish colors in my direction, and I take a glance at them. They all look the same to me, but I point at the first one I see.

"This one is nice."

She furrows her brows together taking another look down at the colors.

"Well now you have me second guessing myself because I thought this one looked like the best one." She points to the far-left grey that is slightly darker than the other too.

I playfully roll my eyes at her.

"Then why ask me in the first place if you already have one you like?" I tease.

We go quite for a bit as she continues flipping through colors. I should just ask her, the worst she can say is no right? Fuck I hope she says yes or else I don't know what I'll do.

"Hey mom..." I begin to push out.

"What is it sweetie?" She responds, no looking away from her color options.

I clear my throat trying to find the right words.

"You know my boss Scarlett right."

"Mmhm." She nods.

My fingers begin fidgeting with themselves in my hands as my heart rate picks up speed just thinking about how horribly this could go wrong.

"Well, I was talking with her today and I think I would like to invite her over for dinner tonight perhaps?"

She suddenly looks up at me with widened eyes.

"Tonight? Your boss? Wait what are you talking about Lilith? I have nothing prepared, and I would have to clean the whole house, you know I don't have time for that." She begins to panic.

I rest my hand on hers calming her down. I know this is sudden and I should have given her more time to prepare but Scarlett doesn't care about those things, she just wants to meet them.

"Me and Scarlett have grown close, and we thought it would be nice if I introduced you guys to her. I mean don't you want to meet my boss?" I add.

I can see her thoughts in her head begin to swirl as she considers my offer to her.

"That would mean I need to cook something nice clean the house and make myself presentable Lilith. Do you know how much time that would take me?"

My mom takes pride in how she presents herself and our home when guests come over, so she always feels the need to put on some big fancy show for people, but Scarlett is different, I want her to see the real side of my family.