Chapter 33

As I open my eyes due to the morning sun shinning through the curtains of Scarlett's room. Finding myself wrapped in her bed and sheets with no one next to me.

I could hardly recall Scarlett tucking me in and being there when I fell asleep, but I couldn't remember anything else from last night.

Disappointment runs over me seeing the empty spot next to me that the sheets were disturbed by her presence last night.

My head pounding like a thousand busses were hitting me all at once as I trudged down the stairs to find Scarlett standing her kitchen wearing nothing but a red lacy set and black robe.

Her face was turned away while she played music on her record player, swaying her hips to the beat.

I nearly wanted to make myself known by clearing my throat or something but standing here watching her be herself, without all the professionalism she puts on, was far too enjoyable.

After a minute or so she finally turns around and freezes in place, catching me watch her from the stairs.

"Lilith! How long have you been standing there?" She mumbles.

The nervous glances she gives me makes me grin with satisfaction.

"Only a few minutes or so." I tease.

Making my way to the kitchen I find her cooking something on the stove that looks to be pancakes? They were very misshaped and discolored to tell but I believe that was the intended food she was making.

She quickly closes her robe as she realizes her body is nearly fully exposed.

She was fast about it but not fast enough to stop me from getting a glimpse of her gorgeous boobs that were hugged perfectly by the red lacy bra she wore.

"Sorry, I would have worn some clothes, but I figured you would be sleeping for longer with how drunk you were last night." She nervously laughs.

"No need to be sorry, I like what I see." I follow up.

We both look away from each other with red faces as she goes back to cooking.

"Pancakes?"

Placing myself behind her, I creep around her shoulder to see her flipping the misshaped batter around.

"Well, it was supposed to be, now it sort of looks more like a burnt cloud."

The dismay in her voice shows just how unskillful she is with cooking.

"I'm sure you can tell by now I'm not a big cook. I've never really had the need to cook for myself in a long time so why would I?"

I wasn't an expert cook myself either but at least I wasn't as bad as whatever this was.

"Maybe we should just order breakfast?" I suggest.

Scarlett turns off the stove finally, staring down at the pancakes annoyed.

"Its most likely for the best, anymore of this and I may burn the whole fucking building down." She jokes.

After we sit down for a minute on her couch, Scarlett puts on a movie that I've never even seen before.

"How drunk was I last night? I can't remember anything other than Cullen's cheating ass and you being in the bed when I fell asleep."

She nearly chokes on her drink as she raises it to her lips. Her eyes scan over me like she was trying to read me.

"Pretty drunk. We played truth or dare for a bit until you ate shit on the floor after I made you dance for me, then you kind of made out with me in the bathroom for a bit but after that I took you to bed." She nods.

Oh god, please don't tell me I said or did anything too horny.

"What happened when we made out? Why did we stop?"

She avoids my stare as she sipped her dink a few more times.

"Well after you kissed me, things got pretty intense, and you were very set on wanting to have sex with me. Though I'm not opposed, I was opposed to the fact you were wasted out of your mind and so I forced us to stop."

Her careful tone assures me that we didn't do anything beyond kissing last night and I was thankful she stopped us before things got too out of hand.

It's not that I didn't want to have sex with her because I absolutely did, it was just that I'm not sure if I'm even ready for that. I've never even had sex before let alone with a goddess such as Scarlett.

"I appreciate you doing that, it was probably for the best considering I don't even remember a lot of last night." I half-heartedly joke.

"Please Lilith, it was the bare minimum if anything. I knew that was something I wanted to wait on until we were both ready." She smiles.

We sit in silence for a bit, just enjoying each other company while the movie plays.

Scarlett runs her fingers through my hair as my head lays against her chest, listening to her heartbeat rather than watching the movie.

I can't help but let my mind wonder back to Cullen and last night as well as the events that occurred. The women he cheated on me with showing up and shaking my hand, how not even she knew that Cullen was cheating.

I knew I had to break up with him formally soon but right now, the thought of just seeing his face makes me want to vomit.