Chapter 44

We spend the last few hours going in and out of different shops around the town together without any care in the world if anyone saw us.

As the sun began to set, I felt Scarlett's hand still tightly in mine as we walked side by side on the streets.

"Oh, I know this great restaurant down the street right here we can have dinner, you'll love it!" She suggests.

I stop, pulling her into me and pressing my lips on hers instantly feeling free and happy to do so. She excepts it quickly and kiss me back softly feeling her hands cupping each of my cheeks.

After I pull away, she gives me a confused look, tilting her head some.

"What was that for?"

"Just cause." I grin.

We make are way down the street to the restaurant as Scarlett holds the door open for me as we enter.

This was the happiest I've felt in a long time and just by looking over at her I could tell she was very happy too.

"Table for two?" The host offers.

"Yes."

"Right this way."

It was a small, cute place with dim lighting from cozy lams and warm overhead lighting. The place had a small bar that a few people sat at chatting, but the rest of the room was filled with wooden tables and chairs.

We sit down at a small booth table against the wall for two. Scarlett orders us a few drinks from the waiter as he comes over as well as some food for us.

"I'm really glad I could bring you here Lilith. I haven't gotten to share this part of my life with any before and I feel as if I can share it all with you." She confesses.

Then share it with me, I want to know and see everything.

"I'm very happy too. You're the most caring and beautiful person inside and out that I've ever met in my entire life. I feel like I could tell and show you anything and you would never judge me for who I am." I add.

The conners of her lips lift into a genuine smile filled with peace and happiness, the things I would do to make her smile like that everyday forever. Forever...

My thoughts shift over into the thought of a forever with Scarlett, could that even be possible? Could I even truly imagine spending the rest of my life with her?

As I glance up to her, I get an uneasy feeling seeing her eyes darkened from few moments ago and they are focused on something else across the room.

"Shit." I hear her silently mutter.

My attention shifts to whatever it is that Scarlett is, so laser focused on and my eyes land on a tall slim woman across the room with greyish blond hair. She looked much older than Scarlett did with clear visible aging lines across her forehead but still she was pretty.

Next to the women was a tall man with short brown hair who placed his hand on her back as the host guided then to a table near us.

I turn and Scarlett has her face buried in the palms of her hands across from me.

"Scarlett what's going on? Who is that?" I question anxiously.

She doesn't answer immediately as she unhides her face, staring back and forth a few times between me and that women.

"We need to get out of here." Is all she could mutter.

She quickly tries to grab her things making an escape, but I grab her wrist softly stopping her.