Chapter 41

I let the water from the shower run over my spine one last time before shutting it off and stepping out. I spend the next few minutes drying myself off and putting on the slip dress that I had been anxiously waiting to put on for Scarlett who was just outside the bathroom door waiting for me.

In the mirror my reflection bounced back at me, and I could see the slip dress hugging my body in a way that I wasn't used to.

My chest was exposed more than I thought it would be and it was definitely shorter than I imagined but that just made me love it even more as I smirked at myself in the mirror.

As I exited the bathroom with my wet hair hanging over my shoulders, I find Scarlett's eyes snap up to me as soon as she spots my presence.

They widen a little in surprise seeing my frame as I lean up against the door frame with a smirk pressed into my lips.

"Oh, fuck what was I thinking..." She breathes out.

She stays locked on me as I pace my way around the bed feeling bolder than usual.

Climbing onto the bed I push her down as I crawl above her, hovering in place as I stare at her under my body. My legs on either side, straddling her tightly as I lean into her face some.

"Hi." I whisper.

Scarlett lifts her hand to touch my face, but I quickly press her wrist down onto the bed beside her, not allowing her permission.

"I'm in control here." I assert to her.

Scarlett lifts her brow slightly at me with an evil smirk.

"Oh, is that so?" she challenges.

I could tell just by her tone she was enjoying every part of this, but I wasn't going to break.

"Darling you're going to learn very quick I'm not easy to persuade. It just one of my many flaws."

Before I even knew what she was doing, she broke her wrist free from my grasp and quickly pushed me back down onto the bed as she took both of my wrists, pinning them above my head.

She stared down at her grinning devilishly and full of pride as she switched our position.

"I win."

I felt her hot breath against my face as heart grew in my stomach and in between my legs.

Her free hand ran down my cheek before going down to my neck, choking me swiftly as her lips traced down to my ear and I felt her teeth scrape it.

"I love control darling; you'll need to try harder to control me."

I let out a small gasp as she lets go of my neck and wrists, pulling her body off mine.

Scarlett lays herself back down on the bed watching me closely as I stay frozen with my limbs too weak to even move.

"Are you hungry." She asks causally to me, still proudly smiling.

I could only imagine how much of a fool I looked right now but I lean myself up under her stare rolling my eyes at her.

"You're an evil women Scarlett." I hiss.

She wasn't evil but fuck could she make me do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted and I think by the way she was looking at me, she knew that.

"I'll have Birdy cook us something nice and have it brought to the room so we can have a relaxed night if you'd like?"

She was back to her sweet innocent tone and manor within seconds, and I still felt the blush lingering on my cheeks.

"Um yeah that would be great." I sigh.

Scarlett picks up her phone and starts calling as I wrap myself under the covers of the bed, inching closer to her, just wanting to be near her.

Almost instinctively she places her arm around me pulling me into her chest tightly and I melted into her.

She finally hangs up the phone after going over dinner options with Birdy for a few minutes.

"Dinner will be up shortly I assume but you'll need rest tonight, I have a special day planned for us tomorrow." Scarlett winks.

"You keep saying that, but you won't disclose exactly what it is that's so special." I groan pushing myself out of her arms.

"Lilith if I told you what we were doing then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?"

I felt her hand rest itself on my thigh as she pulls me back into her. My legs wrap around her waist as I straddle her firmly and I tilt my head down to look at her.

"You drive me wild Ms. Lenore." I tease.

Scarlett slips her fingers under my chin, pulling my lips onto hers. Tasting the sweetness of lingering wine and cherry lipstick, I let my teeth graze her bottom lip as she groans.

She runs her free hand through my hair before griping a fistful and slightly tugging my head back away from her lips.

"Carefully dear, let's not get too carried away here." She husks.

"Why not?"

I flash her a seductive challenging glare as she releases my hair from her grasp.

Scarlett glances over at me for a moment with a hesitant expression that I couldn't quite make out. Why was she so afraid to go past the limits with me?

I wanted her to take me and fuck me, I was done playing these games with her and I wanted her so bad, I could hardly control myself when I looked at her.

"Why don't you want to have sex with me?" I furrow my brows.

I shove myself aside, creating a good amount of space before she even had a chance to process my question.

"Lilith... can we please talk about this later?" I felt her internally groan.

Just as I opened my mouth to counter her back, the door softly knocks. Are heads both snaps away from each other over to the other side of the door.

"Dinner is here dears!" Birdy calls out from the other side of the doors.

Scarlett clears her throat before glancing over at me, but I ignore her silent plead for me to look at her back.

"Um come in." She sighs.

Birdy comes in with two plates of food in her hands, setting them down on the bed. I take mine quickly from the bed and rush into the bathroom, afraid I wasn't going to hold my tears back any longer.

Locking the door, I could hear Birdy and Scarlett's whispers from behind the bathroom door.

"Is everything alright" Birdy questions, clearing sensing the tension.

"It's fine Birdy really, this dinner looks lovely though, thank you."

I lay myself down on the door pressing my palms into my face. Why wasn't I good enough? What was I doing wrong? All I want is her and now it's as if she doesn't even want me back.