Chapter 6

Waking into the somewhat familiar marbled floor building was daunting not knowing the circumstances of why we were here, or more or less why I was here.

Cullen gave a polite nod to the young receptionist as we passed by, and she gave him those puppy dog eyes all the girls love to give him.

As his girlfriend now I suppose I should do something about that but honestly, I did not care.

We both enter the elevator in a quick fashion making our way up to the top floor of the building.

Anxiety prickled at my skin as the numbers got higher and higher.

"It's going to be fine." Cullen reassured me as he wrapped his arm around me.

I tensed up at his touch, but I did not pull away.

The doors of the elevator finally opened, and we made our way through the halls of the floor to the hallway with the dark doors with golden handles.

It almost felt as if Cullen was more nervous than I was, but he held my hand as he lightly knocked his knuckles onto the door.

The few moments that went by felt like an eternity for us, not knowing why we're here or what could happen.

Once the doors opened, we were greeted by Ms. Lenore herself and then just the sight of her caused my heart to stop inside of my chest. My knees go weeks as I let my eyes wounder her body.

She was wearing a nice red blazer, dress pants, and a corset underneath.

It took me a few moments but once my eyes returned to hers, I realized she was staring right at me and only me.

My cheeks faded an into a pale pink color casing me to look down towards the floor.

"Good evening you two, please do come in." She stood aside allowing both me and Cullen to enter her office, closing the door behind us.

We sit in the two chairs in front of her office, but Ms. Lenore lifts her hand motioning us to stop.

"I am not needed for your assistance Cullen, you may leave."

We both freeze and eye each other for a moment but Cullen doesn't take another second to ask any follow up questions before heading out the door.

Ms. Lenore sat down in her chair behind her desk, facing me with a devilish smirk.

"Now that I have you alone, it's time to get down to business."

My throat goes dry.

"Business?" I question.

'Mm hm" She hums.

She pulls out a paper and pen and starts writing something down before I watcher eyes return to mine causing me to melt.

"Your full name is Lilith Rose Carlisle, correct?"

I did not understand how she knew that; how could she have known that was my full name?

"Um yes ma'am." I mutter.

"You are currently eighteen, and will be nineteen September 7th, correct?"

Weird but okay, I guess.

"Yes ma'am?"

"And when do you graduate?" She finally asks while still writing on her paper.

"Um in June of next year I think."

She rests her pen down onto the desk and leans back in her chair.

"Would you like a job as my personal secretary?"

Her face remains straight even after her question, but my expression widens.

She's offering me a job? But why?

I wasn't even sure how to respond considering this was very upfront and unexpected for me.

I haven't had a job since I got fired from my last one, I had at sixteen working at the ice cream place down the street rom my house.

This was also Cullen's job and that would mean me and him would have the same workplace and boss, I could never do that to him.

"Uh I'm not even sure how to respond if I'm being honest." I smile.

"I mean it's an amazing offer and I'm flattered but this is my best frie- I mean Cullen's job and so sudden. I just don't know what to say."

She studies me as she nods her head.

"I see." She finally replies.

"Well, my offer is very serious, and I will give you a week to decide on a decision, otherwise I must hire someone else."

Ms. Lenore's eyes remined on me until they fell suddenly to my lips and my whole body shuddered.

"W- Why me though?" I stammer trying to hold my composure.

"Because Cullen talks highly of you and how you need extra money for college. After the other night, something about you stuck out to me and I think you would make a great addition to my staff." She simply replied. 

"Well why do you need a secretary when you have Cullen?"

I couldn't help but glance down to her lips as well as she speaks.

"Although Cullen is a great assistant, I do acknowledge that I put too much work on his plate that should be divided between two people. I had a secretary a few months ago but she quit on me last minute."

I nod my head in response, not able to look away from her due to her breath-taking beauty and demeanor.

"Do I make you nervous Lilith?" Ms. Lenore demands.

I almost choke at her sudden forwardness towards me.

"Um I suppose so ma'am."

I do anything but avoid her gaze as she eyes me down, smirking at me with warmth.

Ms. Lenore abruptly stands from her seat, walking around her desk to me.

I straighten myself up as she makes her way to me and stops only a few centimeters away from me, leaning down and resting her hands on each side of my chair, trapping me in.

My breathe hitched in my throat because she was so close to me. I could smell her vanilla perfume radiating off her body sending me into a spiral.

"One thing about me Lilith is I know what I want. When I see something or someone I want, I get it. And I want you to be my secretary."

Her demand makes me weak underneath her. I wanted to take the job, I needed the money and something about her made me crave her presence.

The thing was that this is Cullen's job, my boyfriend's job...

"I promise to consider your offer." I replied calmly.

Her expression darkens and she lifts herself off the chair, freeing me from her body.

She wasn't used to being turned down; I could tell she had a way of getting people to do what she wanted on the spot. She used her beauty to her advantage, but I wanted to give her a challenge. I wanted to make this fun.

Just like that I removed myself from my chair and calmly smiled at Ms. Lenore.

"I should get going now before Cullen gets too nervous. I will let you know my decision before the week is up."

She looked almost too stunned to speak as I excused myself from her office for me.

I turned away from her trying hard to hide my smirk as I simply left her office.