Chapter 43

Scarlett's fingers run through the strands in my hair while we lay intertwined together in bed as the morning sunrise hangs over the window.

After our conversation last night, I think me, and Scarlett understood each other much better and what we expected. I knew I was in deep now with how strong my feelings have grown for her over this period of time, but I wasn't scared, I wanted her and only her.

"I think we need to get out of bed and get the day started dear." She sighs, continuing her fingers in my hair.

"Shh, can we just stay like this all day." I silently plead.

I felt her laugh a little at my weak begging tone and pouty lip.

"Then you would miss all the fun stuff I have planned for us."

I was over the surprises, and I just wanted to know what exactly it was that we were doing but no matter my efforts, Scarlett wouldn't spill.

I abruptly sit up from her chest and flash her an unamused glare.

"Don't give me that look. Why don't you go into the bathroom and get ready while I get us breakfast ready." She winks suspiciously.

I was just about to question her urgency for me to get up and go to the bathroom, but I left it alone and simply shrugged a little as I made my way to the bathroom.

Closing the door behind me, my eyes scanned around trying to decipher what I wanted to do.

Shower sounds great right about now.

On the counter as I begin to take my clothes off, I notice a small note. Taking it between my fingers I read it quickly.

Meet me downstairs for breakfast and when you're done getting ready. Oh, and p.s look on the bed ;) - S.L

"Damn it Scarlett this better not be another gift." I mumble to myself while smiling at the card.

...

After my shower I step out of the bathroom into the bedroom, anxiously making my way to the bed with anticipation.

Surprisingly the only thing on the bed was a note like the one in the bathroom.

Wear something warm dear, we will be outside today. – S.L

"Warm? What are you up to..." I sigh.

I end up putting on a green sweater and some black tights with a matching black skirt. It was simple but it was all I could come up with in the short amount of time given as I rush downstairs to not keep Scarlett waiting any longer.

The hallways kept going when I finally found the dining room of this place where Birdy stood over Scarlett at the end of a large oak wood table.

"Good morning, dear. How did you sleep?" Birdy greets me.

I smile politely greeting her back as I take my seat next to Scarlett.

"I slept really good, thank you for asking."

Birdy lays out two plates of breakfast in front of me and Scarlett with traditional eggs, bacon, and some toast.

"Thank you, Birdy, this looks wonderful as usual." Scarlett thanks.

Birdy smiles back at her as she heads out of the dinning room.

"Ill let you too eat in peace. Oh! And Scarlett, your car is outside ready when you two finish up."

We begin eating in a comfortable silence just enjoying one another's presence. I couldn't help but glance over at her every now and then and just stare at her for a bit, admiring her beauty.