Chapter 28

*Scarlett's POV*

The weekend made its way around faster than I imagined it would have with all of the holidays coming up.

Inside my penthouse I lie awake in my bed alone as the sunshine through my windows when my phone begins to ring on my bed side table.

"I swear I'll fire whoever is calling me on a Saturday." I mumble to myself as I reach over for my phone.

My eyes widen a little seeing Lilith's contact staring at me through my screen.

"I lied; I won't fire her." I grin picking up the phone.

"What do I owe the pleasure Carlisle?"

On the other line I could nearly imagine the look on her face as she opens her mouth.

"What are you doing today?" She questions me.

Well, this is new.

"Spending my day, rotting away in my bed with a glass of wine, why do you ask?"

"Well, that sounds way too boring. I think going shopping with me sounds a lot more appealing." Her tone full of excitement.

God this girl kills me sometimes.

"Is this your way of asking me if I want to go out shopping with you?"

I could practically feel how nervous she was just through the phone.

"Maybe. Cullen slept over at my place last night and I asked if he would go shopping with me today but said he was too busy with work so I figured I would ask the person who I really would want to go with. I need something to wear to the New Year's party anyways." She exclaimed.

Of course, he would have some excuse. I know damn well he hasn't done shit for me work wise in the last week, so he was full of lies.

"I would love to take you shopping Lilith. Tell me more about this later when we meet up, say we meet in an hour?" I suggest.

"Sounds good, I'll text you in an hour."

...

After I've gotten ready, I meet Lilith in one of the best dress shopping spots in Seattle where I shop for my dresses. I wait in front of the store as I watch her make her way around the corner looking stunning as ever.

With a long beige coat, over a black turtleneck shirt, a pair of jeans, and to tie it all off a black bow tied in her hair, I couldn't help but wonder if she knew how beautiful she was.

"Good afternoon, you look lovely." I comment.

Lilith tries to hide her face away from me due to the redness creeping up on her flesh.

"I could most certainly say the same to you." She retorts.

I glance down at my red pantsuit that was nothing more than casual for me.

"Oh, please you flatter me far too much but enough with the complements. This store is my absolute favorite place for dress shopping in Seattle plus the owner and I are good friends."

Lilith glances up at the building in front of us.

"Looks far too expensive for me..." She trails off.

I could see the nervous worrisome look on her face, but I wasn't about to let her pay a cent for anything today.

"Don't worry darling, I have it all covered."

One of the dress shop employees politely opens the door for me and I guide Lilith and my own way into the store, and I offer him a polite nod.

"It's nice to see you Ms. Lenore, is there anything in particular you're looking for today?" He greets.