Chapter 46

It's been three days since me and Scarlett last spoke in the forest, and I still haven't been able to stop thinking about everything that has led up to this.

She wanted space so that's what I've given her, so far, I've spent the last several days sleeping in a privet guest suite that Birdy offered me, and I reluctantly took it. I also have spent my time going for walks when the weather allowed it to help keep my mind clear although it didn't help with that much.

The only times I really saw Scarlett were at breakfast, lunch, and dinner then the occasional crossing pass when going from room to room.

I wasn't held hostage here though; Scarlett had arranged for me to take trips into town so I could shop and 'get air' but every time Birdy told me the car was waiting, I simply did not go although today I had better plans.

Last night I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't stop thinking about Taylor and how horribly she treated Scarlett. When I woke up, I had Birdy arrange me a car and with a little online digging I found Taylor's personal contact information and scheduled lunch with her.

The driver drove me into town as I peered out the window at the familiar shops and places.

"Is this the one up here ma'am?" He asks from up front.

"Yes."

I hope out confidently entering a small restaurant I had us meet at. Inside I glanced around for any sight of her only to find Taylor sitting at the bar with a glass of wine in hand.

Taking a seat next to her but keeping my posture forward, she doesn't even look at me.

"Aren't you a little you a little too young to be sitting at bar." She sips her drink.

"Aren't you a little too old to be fucking with people's relationships." I retort calmly.

A smirk crawls on her face.

"Touché."

Taylor glances me up and down from the conner of my eye.

"I see why she likes you so much. You're pretty for someone so someone so young and pure."

A cold shiver ran down my spine as she drank me in just by staring at me.

I thought about all the things I wanted to ask her, but I couldn't just pick one thing.

"Do you still love her." I demand.

Taylor snickers a little as if the question dumbfounded her for some reason.

"Still lover her? Jesus babe I hardly loved Scarlett in the first place, I mean have you met the bitch?"

How could she call her that? Scarlett was a kindhearted woman who cared deeply and if anyone was the bitch here it was Taylor.

"You never loved her?"

She stiffens a little while taking yet another sip of her wine then tipping the bar tender for more.

"When I first met Scarlett, she was a mess, she hardy had anyone left in her life that she could depend on, and she was so naïve. When we started dating, I was simply experimenting with girls and Scarlett just needed someone's shoulder to cry on, so I gave her that. It didn't take long for her to become attached and way too needy for me to deal with and as soon as she said the L word, I knew I needed to get out." She pauses.

"It was fun at first, just having sex, being a body for each other to keep our beds warm but Scarlett wanted so much attention and commitment. I just wouldn't give her that so I dumped her and assumed she would move on with her life just like I did. She was cute and fun but also fucked up and bitchy."

I could hardly believe what she was saying, how could someone be so selfish and cruel to do such things to someone who knew loved them.

"She loved you; did that mean nothing to you?" I try to keep my voice calm.

"Sure, at first it was thrilling to hear but everyone says they love someone when they don't at least once in their lives." She chuckles.

Her careless attitude and tone told me everything I needed to know about her and what kind of a person she was, but I sat still just staring at her.

"So why did you ask to meet with me in the first place?"

"I guess I needed to know why she is still so fucked up over you." I mumble.

Taylor places some money on the bar top and begins packing her things.

"Scarlett Lenore is the women today because I made her that women, I gave her everything she wanted and was there when no one else was. It's not my fault darling that she got too attached."

It was no wonder she never loved someone after her, Taylor was a narcissist who never loved anything but herself and sex.

"Next time you ask to meet up, I hope it isn't just to talk dear." She winks to me.

My body jolts up in response and I felt my self only a few inches away from her.

"Maybe next time you shouldn't meet up with nineteen-year-old girls in a bar illegally or it would be a crying shame if that handsome husband of yours found out about your thing for young girls." I whisper, pushing past her.

...

My door knocked lightly back in the manor as the sun had just set over the treetops outside my window.

"Come in!"

Birdy cautiously comes in with a sheepish smile.

"How was your outing into town?"

I laugh a little thinking back to the look on Taylors face after I had threatened her on my way out.

"Kind of a waste of time if im being honest."

She sighs heavily.

"Scarlett has requested to speak with you in the master suite."

Speak with me?

I wanted so badly to talk to her, especially after today and hearing about how things were for her, but this wasn't how I wanted it to happen.

"Did she say if it was urgent?"

Birdy shakes her head.

"You tell Scarlett that if she wants to speak to me, she can come and request me herself."

To have Birdy come and get me to speak to her after three days of silence was wrong and if Scarlett wants this to work she will have to do this herself no matter how much it broke my heart to stay away from her.