Chapter 3

I'm not sure how long we drove, it feels like hours even if it only was half an hour or so but once the bright lights of the tall buildings reveled themselves from beyond the cloud bank, I was in awe.

Cullen takes notice of my awestruck expression through the reflection after we make our way through the winding roads.

"Have you never been to Seattle before?"

I was too embarrassed to tell him that I haven't but of course I would never lie to my best friend.

"Why does it matter?" I reply tonelessly without looking at him.

"I suppose it doesn't, but I just always assumed you've been since you live so close you know?" He sighs.

The car ride falls silent yet again for a while as I study the passing budlings and business.

Even at night, the city seemed so lively with people walking on the streets, restaurants, bars, and clubs with music and dancing people.

I have always wanted to see the city, but never before have I gotten the chance until now.

"I would have taken you; you know."

Cullen voice snaps my attention back to him and away from the passing people and buildings.

"What?" I asked confused.

"To Seattle, I would have taken you if you had told me sooner that you have never been. It's truly a special city and since I go here for work all the time, it would have been no trouble."

Cullen still seemed oblivious to why I had not told him which causes me to roll my eyes at his offer.

"What's with the eye roll?" He questions.

"The reason I didn't tell you Cullen is because its embarrassing." I deadpan.

"Why would that be embarrassing?"

I suddenly feel like opening the car door and throwing myself out.

"I don't know, maybe because I have lived here all my life and my family is too boring to even take a weakened trip outside of town for anything."

We both fall silent for a few minutes until a tall glass skyscraper building comes into the clearing with the name Lenore Enterprises plastered on the top.

Under the building, Cullen pulls into a parking garage where a man in a nice polo shirt and dress pants stood.

Cullen rolled down his window and greeted the man with a head nod and simply showed him a badge and the man nodded his head.

We both step out of the car, and he hands his keys to the man who the parks Cullen's car.

We both step into an elevator which then he pressed a button, and we were on the move.

"I am sorry again for dinner, it was wrong of me to interrupt at such last minute, but my boss is a very demanding woman.

"It's okay, I know you get busy sometimes so it's no biggy." I smile.

I know I have been harsh on him tonight so a sudden feeling of guilt runs through me.

The elevator dings indicating that it has stopped and once the double door slide open, I am greeted by a wave of cold air and dark marbled flooring.

Cullen leads me into a lobby area where men and women in suits and dress clothes stand.

There was a long black couch sitting front and center in the lobby area and on the other side was a receptionist desk where a young woman maybe around the age of twenty sat taking phone calls.