Chapter 26

It's been a week since I last spoke to Cullen at dinner that night we got into a fight. He has refused to text me, so I simply have been content with his silence until he decides to stop acting like a child and apologies for his outburst.

As I enter the lobby of Scarlett's building people in dress attire pace around trying to find their way to their floor or are just starting their mornings off.

I glance around the lobby walls seeing them so bare at this time of year, around the city many places are decorated and lit with Christmas decorations, but this was definitely a shift.

As I make my way up to the top floor I glide through the halls down Scarlett's hallway.

I have made it a small priority to say good morning to her when I get to the office each morning when I get to work. It doesn't look too suspicious considering I'm her secretary, but she has enjoued my company.

I lightly knock against her door feeling my excitement run through my veins like a little kid.

"Enter." She calls out.

Pushing my way into her office across her desk she glances up from her paperwork with a smile.

"Why are there no Christmas decorations up in the lobby?" I seat myself down in the chair in front of her desk.

"Well good morning to you too." She chuckles.

I roll my eyes in response to comment.

"I'm serious Scarlett, it's the best time of the year and it looks so depressing in here. Not even a tree or a single wreath up is just dreadful." I complain.

She grins a little at me as I speak.

"Well Christmas has never been a priority or even a thought for me for most of my life after my parents died. Just haven't given it much thought since then I suppose but I take it you enjoy the holidays?"

"Enjoy? I love the holidays. It's the only time of year where everything feels normal and happy, school gets off, presents are given, and cold weather a snow get here. Its possibly my favorite thing of all time besides fall."

Scarlett smiled as she analyzed my face and expressions while listening to me.

"Well good to know. I do however need to discuss why that boyfriend of yours is not answering my emails or showing up to work these last few days. I feel as if I am a crazy girl trying to spam text him."

Ugh fuck you Cullen.

"I'm sorry, me and him had a fight last week over dinner and I guess its effecting him enough not to come into work. Or maybe he's just busy with his new friend." I mumble that last part.

"What new friend?" Scarlett inquires.

I can't even help but feel annoyed just thinking about Cullen and this new friendhe has met. I can just imagine how pretty, older, and exciting she is.

"Cullen told me about a new friend he met at a coffee shop a few weels ago. He said he and her really hit it off and now he's bringing her as his plus one to the New Years party." My tone full of malice.

"Sounds to me like she's more than just a friend if he's bringing her to the party." Scarlett chimes in.

"See that's exactly what I said! But he refused to believe or even hear me our because he got so defensive about her and the whole situation and you won't even believe what he did."

Scarlett's eyes light up.

"What did he do?"

"His cheating ass left me there at the restaurant in front of all those people and I had to uber home!" Anger boiled through me.