Chapter 10

Most of the weekend I studied for my upcoming algebra test while also trying to keep Ms. Lenore and Cullen off my mind. If I didn't pass my next test, my grades will drop and ill fail the semester but with my new job starting today, it's been hard to think about anything else.

My test is this Friday meaning I have this week to study and be completely prepared.

I considered asking Cullen for help, but truth be told, ever since the whole girlfriend boyfriend thing, I've been avoiding him as much as possible.

I know he's my boyfriend now and it's because I said yes but I still don't feel like I'm even really his girlfriend.

The bell for dismissal rings and everyone around me jumps out to sprint out of class.

After waiting a few seconds, I finally get my things together and walk out to the front of the school where I find Cullen's car parked out in front.

I jump in and I feel him reach across and plant a kiss on my cheek. I jump away in suspires trying not to make too much eye contact.

"Is everything alright Lil? You've been acting off these past few weeks." He begins.

I flash him a small smile.

"Yeah, just kind of nervous for today I guess."

"Well Ms. Lenore has informed me of everything I need to teach you, so you don't have to worry." He grins.

While I appreciated his words of encouragement, I still felt a heavy weight of pressure on my shoulders.

...

Walking into the building with my arm intertwined with Cullen's, I felt a surge of anxiety within my body.

I suppress that feeling with his tight grip around me while I watch him open an office glass door that would lead into a small room with a desk, couch, and some chairs.

"This will be your office, on your right will be office and the next door down to your left is Ms. Lenore's office."

My fingertips trace the black and white flora wallpaper that hangs formally over the room.

"This is a really nice room, are all the offices like this?" I turn to him.

His eyes shift from me to the walls and around the painted celling with gold trimming.

"Ms. Lenore thought it would be fit if you had the suit office so you can be close in case if you need her."

"Oh of course, I guess that makes sense..." I trail off.

Before Cullen turns to leave my office, he swoops in and slips his arm into the small of my back, carefully planting a kiss on my head as his height takes over me.

"Everything you will need to know will be in the email I sent to you on your laptop. Have a great day Lil."

I wait for him to leave before silently shrugging off his affection.

I couldn't even help not wanting any affection from him, it just almost felt routine now though.

Opening my email, I scan though it, studying the instructions. They were fairly simple, as soon as Cullen emailed me an event, I would schedule it on Ms. Lenore's calendar and email it to her.

Before I close out my email to take my lunch break a new email with an unfamiliar name shows up in my inbox.

I debate on waiting until after my break to open it, but curiosity takes control over my hand as I open it up.

"Oh shit." I breath out.

It's from Ms. Lenore.

Ms. Carlisle, please meet me in my office before you take your lunch break, I will be waiting.

Now I'm extremely glad I opened that email before I took my break. My anxiety begins to skyrocket yet again but excitement quickly follows as my feet swiftly pace their way to her door.

What could she want? Is she just checking up on me, or have I already fucked up?

My fingertips tighten into a shallow weak fist then I raise my knuckles and softly knock on her office door.

"Enter" She announced casually.

I push myself swiftly through the door, shutting it behind me and my heart rate quickens as I turn to find Ms. Lenore standing, leaning against the front of her desk.

Today she wore long white silk pants with see-through, tightly fitted tank top that had my eyes traveling along her chest for just a little longer than I would have liked.

She clears her throat causing my attention to focus on her within seconds.

"It's nice to see you Lilith, I hope you're adjusting alright with your new office and the scheduling."

Her sly grin told me that she knew I was checking her out, yet she didn't seem phased. Well two can play this game.

"Everything is great. Cullen has been a big help, and my office is... just more than I could have imagined." I beamed.

Ms. Lenore nodded her head before reaching her hand out, motioning me to sit.

"I have to say Lilith, I am impressed with how easily you're catching on with this."

Ms. Lenore paced around her desk, sitting in her own chair as if it was like she was trying to make distance between the two of us. Almost as if she didn't want me too close.

"I won't keep you long, I just wanted to see how you're handling everything, and I have to let you know of some news." She sighed.

My shoulders perked up a little before tilting my head.

"What news?"

"You're cute when you do that you know." She smiled across the desk.

"Do what?" I deadpan.

Ms. Lenore rolled her eyes playfully.

"When you tilt your head when you get all confused or flustered."

I felt a maroon flush take over my cheeks at her words. They were so upfront and sudden. What did she mean flustered?

"I do not get flustered." I insist sharply.

Suddenly she laughed, a real authentic laugh that sounded so surprisingly sweet and angelic compared to the front she puts on.

"Oh, please Carlisle, you're flustered right now. You think I don't notice how flustered you get when you walk into the room with me in it?" She grins proudly.

Deep down I knew it was true, but the fact that she noticed it just made things so much worse. I could never admit it or even begin to face the truth, especially not with her.

"With all do respect Ms. Lenore, I'm in a relationship and frankly I don't and could never find you attractive. You're my boss and it would be highly inappropriate."

Just like that the grin on her face faded away and was replaced with an emotion that I could only describe as betrayal.

I wanted to quickly take back my words and confess I did find her attractive, extremely attractive. Instead, I sat there and bit my tongue as I watched her push her sour face away and remain professional. 

"That will be all for today Ms. Carlisle, you may leave." She ordered.

I felt dumbfounded as she never even told me the news or of the so sudden dismissal.

"Wait what about the news?" I questioned frantically.

"It's not of importance now. Thank you for your time and like I said, you may leave."

I couldn't fight it, I couldn't fight her, I just gave in like I always do.