Chapter 29

Only a few days until Christmas and my mood was increasing more and more as the day was getting closer.

I found myself enjoying my days more as well as I get to see Scarlett and every moment, I spend with her; I seem to grow even stronger feelings for her.

Today is no different from any other workday although me and Scarlett finally agreed to give each other our Christmas presents before we get off for the Holidays.

Pushing myself through her office door, I find her sitting at her desk as usual flipping through some papers as her eyes graze up to me as if any other employee would dare to enter her office without an invitation except me.

"Good morning." She nods.

In my hands I have a gift box, carefully decorated with red ribbon that I set on her desk.

"Merry Christmas." I wink playfully.

She scans the box, and I can tell by the confused head tilt that she was trying to figure out what it was.

"Spoiling me already, are we?"

It wasn't much, I spent the last few weeks learning and practicing knitting scarfs and I finally got the hang of it.

It wasn't a fancy gift or anything special, but I thought it was a nice present... I hope.

Scarlett opens a drawer from her desk and pulls out a smaller gift box that was wrapped in a messy manner as if a child attempted it.

"It didn't occur to me until recently that I don't have much gift-wrapping experience, so you'll have to excuse the outside."

I laugh at her lack of gift-wrapping skills. She seemed so perfect at everything that seeing her mess something up was somewhat of a shock to me.

"I think it looks perfect if you ask me." I try to complement.

"Don't you dare lie to me Lilith, this looks like shit but besides that, who's going first?"

She has excitement in her voice just like a little kid ready to open their presents.

"Let's start with you first." I grin eagerly.

I knew what that what was in her present was small, meaningless, and even a little ugly, but I still thought it was special.

Scarlett takes one last glance at me before carefully undoing the red ribbon I had tied on there last night.

Her fingertips lift open the top of the box and out she pulls a magenta hand knit scarf with a green 'L' embordered into the end of it.

Her eyes gleam over the scarf, passing it through her fingers as she inspects it. A sheepish smile crawls onto her face once her finger trace over the L.

"Lilith this... this is so ugly." She cries out with a smile and tears.

"But I love it so much. No one has ever made me something like this before."

Joy engulfs me and I can't help but laugh along with her. I was so relieved to know how much she enjoyed my gift to her even though it isn't the most appealing thing to look at.

"I was afraid you would think it's far too underwhelming." I admit.

She wipes away her tears, staring at my face then down to my lips then back up to my eyes.

"No, its amazing, I've never gotten something so thought out and well as meaningful as this."

Maybe I was wrong, maybe this is more meaningful than I thought it was.

"Okay now your turn." She exclaims, shoving the poorly wrapped gift closer to me.

It didn't take much to peel off the shitty paper but inside was a small black box that I took into my hands, lifting up the lid to reveal a plain gold ring.

Taking the ring out of the box I notice words engraved on the inside of the ring band.

My eyes shift to Scarlett who is staring blankly at me and the ring, waiting for me to read it.

My little secret.

That's what it wrote. I let my fingers trace over the ring just taking the words in.

I was hers.

"I love it." I nearly whisper.

Gazing up at her, I felt powerless under her stare knowing this could all burn up in flames, but I didn't care.

Scarlett slowly removes herself from her seat, climbing onto the desk in front of us.

My body remained frozen as her hand cupped my cheek, taking my lips onto hers. My body melts with the taste of her lips and the need for more than this.

She pushes and I pull through the rhythm of our kiss together, getting lost in the possibility of more.

I knew we had to stop before this went too far but as her hand reached into my hair and pulled it back hard, I let out a soft moan.

"Lilith..." She groans through my mouth.

The vibrations of her voice send shock waves through my body.

Slowly she pulls away from me, leaving her hand on my face.

"I think we should get back to work..."

I agreed, this had gone too far, and it was too risky, especially here but I still didn't regret it.

"You're right, we should probably get back to work." I whisper slowly pulling away from her.

She softly smiles and leans in, kissing my cheek before pulling herself back off the desk.

We both pull ourselves back together, maintaining our professional personas.

On my way our I take one last glance at Scarlett seeing her behind her desk, staring into my back.

"Have a nice day." I wink.