Chapter 31

Outside the restaurant the air is chilled and cold as I hold my arms together not knowing where to go.

I always knew Cullen was cheating and at first it never really bothered me but now, now that everything out and I even met the women he cheated on me with, her beautiful face and eyes, how could I ever be the same.

I lost my best friend and my boyfriend all in the same night and at first that's what I thought I wanted but now I'm not so sure.

"Hey stranger."

Behind me Scarlett cautiously steps next to me, looking down on my stanned face.

"Hey." I whisper.

Despite how horrible tonight has gone, seeing her face next to me made me feel just a little bit more whole again.

"Lilith I'm so sorry about what happened in there."

It wasn't her fault, but I knew she was just trying to help me right now.

"At first, I didn't care about him fucking another women you know. Now I just hate the fact that my own best friend lied to me and betrayed me like that." I vent.

Scarlett takes a sharp inhale, glancing around us.

"I don't comfortable leaving you alone like this tonight and I know you don't have a ride home because Cullen drove you so I would like to take you to my place so you can calm down."

Scarlett's place?
It never occurred to me that she would have a home of her own in the city, I always assumed she just never slept or anything like some sort of vampire.

"Yeah, I guess that for the best." I admit.

"Then its settled, I'll get my car and get us out of here." She comforts.

Her hand places itself onto my shoulder, rubbing her thumb on my skin.

A few minutes later we get into Scarlett's car and start to drive off somewhere.

Outside the car window, rain taps on the glass as city buildings pass by us. Streetlights and walking people fill the streets as usually in the city's nighttime essence.

As I sit here silently, I try to picture what Scarlett's place would be like, rich I would assume but I wasn't sure of what décor or furniture she would have.

Ten minutes in we reach a tall building that looks like any other building in Seattle.

Inside underground we enter parking garage that was filled with fancy rich cars, all of which looked to be much more money than I could ever afford.

Scarlett guides me out of the car, into an elevator which rises up to the top floor, the penthouse.

As the doors to the elevator open, I'm greeted with a large open penthouse floor with dark tile floors and a long red couch wrapping in the living room.

Inside Scarlett led me in with a large kitchen to my left with marble countertops, expensive stoves and ovens, along with a spacious bar area lined with leather bar stools.

"Make yourself at home, be free to sit anywhere you please, I'm going to change real quick." She winks before disappearing up a swirling staircase.

I knew she was rich and had expensive taste, but I never imagined anything like this.

Slowly I make my way into the living room area where a large navy-blue painted bookshelf filled on the wall lined with books, vinyl's and art pieces.

My fingers run across the vinyl's that were neatly organized in their own places.

"So, what do you think?"

I snap around where Scarlett stands on the top of her staircase wearing a black robe, taking out her earrings.

"Its- its beautiful." I could hardly express.

Beautiful was much more of an understatement for this place, it was so her.

"I'm glad."

She makes her way down the stairs looking sexy as ever while I sit on her couch, watching her with intent.

"It hardly feels like home these days since I'm spending most of my time of the office." She continues.

Down the stairs, she follows my actions by sitting on her couch next to me, leaning against the sofa.

An overcoming feeling of guilt and sadness washes over as I look at her and think of just a few moments ago and how I lost Cullen and ruined her party.

"I'm sorry Scarlett, I know tonight was important to you and I fucked it all up." I begin to cry.

"Oh darling."

She scoots closer to me, cupping my cheek with her hand, wiping away my tears.

I felt the intensity in her eyes as she looked at me filled with concern.

"You didn't fuck anything up for me. I know how hard to was for you sit there and see Cullen with that women and frankly it was hard enough for me not to say something..." She trails off.

"Lilith, I need to tell you about something I saw the other day when you and I were out shopping." She begins.

I feel my heart rate pick up its pace as I let her continue.

"I saw Cullen and that women out and about together, kissing... and holding hands as couples do. Believe me I wanted to tell you about it but right then and there you were so happy... I couldn't bring myself to ruin your day dear but I'm so sorry."

Oh god.

How could I be so stupid. I should have known it was all good to be true.

I didn't blame Scarlett for not telling me because I knew she was just trying to protect me but the fact that he had the audacity to stand me up just go out and about with his mistress cut me deep like a rusted dagger.

"I'm such an idiot." I whine out.

Scarlett engulfs me into a deep hug, pressing my face against her chest and I let it out into her. My tears staining her robe and my muffled sniffles hushed by her words as she stroked my hair with her nails.

"It's okay darling, I'm here."

As it all clicked together, I realized that the women I saw tonight was the same women we met that day at the coffee shop that Cullen held the door for.

I didn't realize it at first but now I knew exactly where I had seen her before.

Even more so now, I needed to feel every emotion I could before shutting him out of my life for good. I could no longer think of what everyone would think and what everyone has ever wanted for me in my life.

Scarlett is who I wanted, she is who I've needed for so long and before now, all I've done is try and fight my desires.

I let myself melt into her body, allowing every thought and feeling I had ever tried to push away, flow through me.

"I think you could use a drink babe." Scarlett hums.