Chapter 40

Making my way around this place was like trying to get through a maze blindfolded. Scarlett already headed up to the master suite to get my so-called surprise ready.

She gave me very specific directions on where to go but the second she left I had forgotten everything she said.

I walk around different hallways until I enter a large open like room with tall celling and marble flooring. It almost looked like a ball room, but I didn't know this place was nearly this rich.

"Holy shit this place is huge." I mummer to myself.

Sitting font and center on the wall in front of the main doorway was a large golden framed family portrait of what looked like Scarlett and her parents.

I shuffle my feet across the floor to get a closer look noticing Scarlett immediately when seeing the portrait up close.

She looked around my age when this was taken, her face still perfectly flawless just as it now and her hair fallen over her shoulders carefully.

She was sitting in the middle as her two parents stood on either side of her and I notice her mother first seeing the clear uncanny resemblance between her and Scarlett. She had her eyes, nose, lips and almost everything apart from her hair which was a dark shade of brown.

Her father was very handsome, jet-black hair just like his daughter and a sharp jawline with green eyes.

It was so odd seeing her when she was nearly my age and seeing her parents, I never imagined what they would look like, but both were extremely beautiful people whose daughter was a spitting image of them.

"Can I help you?"

I jump swiftly turning around as a voice rang across the room. Birdy stood only a few feet away from me with a friendly smile.

"Uh I'm sorry, I guess I got kind of lost in here. I was trying to get to the master suite..." I mutter.

Birdy shifts her eyes from me to the Lenore family portrait above me.

"Beautiful aren't they." She remarks suddenly.

I tun around back to the picture studying my eyes onto Scarlett's perfect face.

"Extremely." I breath out.

"Katrina and Nathanial were both amazing parents to Scarlett and wonderful people in general. We were all heartbroken after hearing about their passing but of course it took the hardest toll on dear Scarlett."

Birdy continues to go on and she steps closer to me.

"I'm very happy that Scarlett has finally found someone as amazing as yourself to call her girlfriend. All I've ever wanted, and her parents have ever wanted is for her to be happy and my dear I haven't seen her this happy since she was that age." Birdy points up to the portrait above me.

Girlfriend?

As my eyes scan over the picture, Scarlett looked happy and calm in the picture as she sat between her two parents.

"Thank you, Birdy, I really like her and care for her so much. I'm so glad I found her, and we both have each other." I smile politely.

I don't correct her because part of me wants the girlfriend title to be true. I knew she was scared of that title and scared of the whole relationship thing but to be able to call her something that would unsure I was hers and she was mine would be my whole world.

"Come on dear, I'll show you up to the suite before Scarlett gets too worried."

She leads me up and down more halls as I try my best to memorize where I'm going before we finally reach a corridor with tow large wooden doors down on the end.

"The suite is just right in there dear, call me if you need anything." She nods her head before walking off.

I don't hesitate before pushing myself past the doors slowly which led me into a large open room with green floral wallpaper, windows surrounding the walls, and a massive bed that must have been a king size front and center of the room.

Wooden dressers and night stans on both sides of the bed but as I make my way closer, I notice two boxes laid out on the bed with a note tied to the top.

Damn it Scarlett you better not have bought me more stuff.

I lift the note from the box and read it.

I hope you enjoy these after our long plane ride darling. You'll need good rest tonight for our special day tomorrow, so I wanted you to feel comfortable. -S.L

Running my fingers over the box to lift the lid, I open one carefully and find a soft green fabric inside. Lifting it out of the box I realize this wasn't just anything, this was an extremely nice bath robe and on the chest was my initials L.C sewed into the robe.

"Fuck Scarlett you shouldn't have..." I mumble to myself with a grin.

"Oh yes I should have."

Scarlett's voice from behind me causes me to jump around finding her pushed up against the wall with a smirk on her face wearing a similar robe to this one but magenta with her initial. The robe hung low exposing her bare chest as she wore nothing underneath.

If there really is a god, he's definitely testing me now, holy fuck.

The only thing I could think of right now was how much I didn't need to be staring at her chest as I focused amazingly on her eyes only.

"Jesus Scarlett how long have you been standing there." I manage to get out.

She scans me up and down, engulfing my presence into her as if I wasn't real.

"I've been here since you walked in darling."

A casual grin causes me to break from my serious glare into a grin as well.

"Well don't just stand there, open the other one as well." She urges.

Rolling my eyes I take the lid off the other box, lifting out a dark green pajama slip dress with a lacy lining on the chest, borderline lingerie if you ask me. It had a large v neck area that I just knew would expose my chest just right and it was short enough to expose my ass if I wasn't too careful.

I snap my head around to her, cheeks red, my mouth open slightly from shock as she stands there staring at me with that stupid smirk, I know so well.

She lifts herself off the wall, pacing her way to me, then slowly lifting her fingers under my jaw causing my head to tilt up to meet her eyes.

"I hope this isn't too scandalous for you, I know your favorite color is green and I assumed you would like..."

Her tone got low and seductive for a moment, and I swear I could feel my heart beating like a drum and my legs begin to grow week under her stare.

I wanted nothing more than to rip my own clothes off right now in front of her and put this on just to tease her and see the look on her face.

I decide I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of seeing me all worked up over this just yet, I wanted the power now.

"Not scandalous at all. Next time if you want to fluster me, you'll need to try a bit harder than that babe." I whisper to her without breaking eye contact.

I then pull myself out from under her, winking as I make my way to the bathroom with the dress in hand.

This is going to be a long night for her.