Confrontation at the Ruins Pt. 4

Back with the large scale naval battle outside the ruined settlement the seas and skies have not calmed one bit. The Azur Lane has not heard back yet from the team they sent in to recover the maids. Growing concerned, the fleet alters their position and tactics a bit, moving closer to the ruined settlement to keep the window for their recovery team open as long as possible. The naval air forces of both sides have suffered losses from air to air combat and anti-air fire. Fireballs that were once planes fall from the shell and smoke filled skies, crashing into the water while shells fly and lasers from Siren ships splice through the air. Some areas are visibly obscured by smokescreens dropped by destroyers and cruisers that screen the opposing side's forces, wreaking havoc on each other with torpedoes and cannons at close range. Mirroring this tactic Sakura Empire Carriers Zuikaku and Shoukaku infiltrate the Azur Lane's main lines, but focusing on a different goal instead of wrecking a few battleships. Sailing close to the large battleship hulls, secondary gun turrets are unable to depress their guns low enough to target the crane carrier sisters. In response to this threat Royal Navy heavy cruiser shipgirls Norfolk and Suffolk open fire, attempting to stop the crane carrier sisters.

Suffolk: "Come one Norfolk, we have to stop these Crimson Axis before they endanger most of the fleet!"

Norfolk pulls up alongside her near sister ship, trembling slightly due to her timid personality while aiming and firing her guns

Norfolk: "I know Suffolk! I'm trying!"

The crane sisters alter their courses slightly every few seconds to throw off the aim of the two Royal Navy heavy cruisers, shells whizzing past and nearly hitting them

The crane sisters alter their courses slightly every few seconds to throw off the aim of the two Royal Navy heavy cruisers, shells whizzing past and nearly hitting them. Zuikaku growls in frustration, sick of any and all hindrances as she tunnel vision's on her main goal: Finding the Grey Ghost. She draws her katana, drawing back the blade and ready to swing.

Zuikaku: "It's not your pathetic fleet we care about...!"

!"