Confrontation at the Ruins Pt. 1

(Hello again people. I understand if you guys are a bit miffed with the lack of updates and new parts recently. I apologize for that and hope it hasn't negatively impacted how you enjoy this story. But do remember that even though I may go off the grid for a bit here and there, I will not stop until this story reaches its conclusion. With that, I hope you enjoy)

Back on the surface of Earth, the Azur Lane and Crimson Axis fleets are closing in for a large confrontation. The Crimson Axis has pursued the Royal Navy maids that infiltrated their base and stole valuable information along with the Siren's black mental cube. The Azur Lane in response has scrambled to get their allies out and back to base. The Crimson Axis combined fleet has trapped the six strong maid team who are accompanied by Akashi on an island that was home to a large human settlement but was abandoned after being turned to ruble by a Siren attack. The island ruins and surrounding waters are shrouded in fog and a low overcast cloud ceiling, obscuring distant vision while giving off an aura of uncertainty and anticipation.

The Crimson Axis blockade around the island is further strengthened by a fleet of mass-produced ships the Sirens loaned. Two Sakura Empire battleships sit unmoving in the waters with multiple other Sakura Empire members standing on their wooden decks, surrounded by Siren ships. These two battleships belong to Fusou and Yamashiro and they are tasked with observing the eastern side of the island with a detachment of Siren vessels while the other elements of the Crimson Axis combined fleet watch the island from other directions. Flights of recon planes occasionally fly over the island at low altitudes for an airborne view.

On Yamashiro's wooden deck Zuikaku stands near the railing with her eyes closed as a trio of Zeros belonging to her fly overhead towards the island. The rumbling of their engines fades as they disappear in the low visibility conditions. Nearby Zuikaku's sister Shoukaku observes the surrounding dormant Siren vessels, not trusting what the Crimson Axis leadership is thinking by allying with the Sirens. The mass-produced vessels sit in the water sinisterly, their crimson highlights glinting through the haze.

Shoukaku: "How do we know if these ships are safe? What if the enemy takes control of them using the black mental cube?"

Hearing her sister's concerned questions Zuikaku responds while controlling her recon planes, her eyes remaining closed as she speaks

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Hearing her sister's concerned questions Zuikaku responds while controlling her recon planes, her eyes remaining closed as she speaks.

Zuikaku: "According to Akagi that isn't possible. As long as the Orochi retains control, we'll be ok."

"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.