Chapter 55.2: Sendoff(Part 2)

*At San's house.

San has newly renovated his home from the damage incurred from his standoff with Punk Riot. He slips himself into a rocking chair, letting out an alleviating sigh. "Aaah~..." While his body laxes in the chair, he felt something was missing. "I could sure use some tea now...Fletcher ought to be back soon..." Nothing could beat the arousing aroma of brisk morning tea. Just not too long ago, he had already sent Fletcher on grocery errands. They wouldn't be in this predicament if Fletcher had remembered to get everything from his last trip to the stores.

A knocking could be heard coming from his door. Either it was Fletcher returning with a few items that he had overlooked, as per his usual habit – or it was the officials from Argonaut again crying to him for help about city issues. Just when he had gotten into his chair.

San lets out a weary sigh, standing himself up from his comfort. From looking after Jayce's bois and babysitting officials, the cozy, quiet retired life that he envisioned seemed out of reach for him. He walks himself through the aisle to the doorway. He pops his door open, only to be greeted by an unexpected surprise –

Before him at the entrance was the famed figure Bruce...The guild leader of Grand Orion.

For a moment San was too stunned to speak.

San: ...B-Bruce...!

Bruce: It's been a while." – Bruce greeted back warmly.

Bruce: May I come in?

San takes Bruce, guiding him through his house. Bruce politely apologizes to San for his abrupt visit.

Bruce: Sorry for barging in here without giving you a notice.

San reciprocates back with friendly gestures, telling him that it was ok. The two seniors sit down together in the living room, with San delivering his efforts in making Bruce comfortable. He was ashamed that he could not provide any tea for Bruce, to which he also politely dismisses.

San: So to what do I owe the pleasure of someone like you to grace me with your visit? – He inquired jokingly to the prestigious figure before him.

Bruce lets out a soft chuckle.

Bruce: Ha...ha...ha...! I was just in the area, and thought I'd pay you a visit is all...So how are you? You seem to be doing well.

San: I am. Though, things were hectic quite a while ago...But it's mostly been resolved.

Bruce: That's good to hear. I've heard that something happened to Heymlir.

San's eyebrows twitched when he heard the name.

Bruce: I spoke to some of the people during my stay here. That's quite sad. Although I've only met him a couple times, he seemed like a good, hard working man. Very earnest...

Bruce: Sorry about what happened...

San: No...It's okay. It's fortunate enough for us that things happened the way they did in the end...

Still...Lingers of regret and sorrow dwelled within San. In spite of everything that happened, he still missed the company of the friend he admired.

A smirk sneaks up on Bruce's face.

Bruce: I've also heard from the folks that you've become their new mayor...

San: NO!

San: Do NOT say that!!

Bruce: I guess with the absence of Heymlir, you've gotten a lot more busy, huh.

San puffs out a heavy sigh.