Chapter 37: Ice Witch

The group celebrates Victor's victory. Victor looks up at Jayce.

Jayce: Yo, sup. That was pretty ballsy what you did there.

Jayce's eyes turns over onto the steam gauntlet: That thing is pretty sick...Where'd you get that toy from?

"Sorry about what I did to ya earlier." – Jayce's friendly demeanor towards Victor leaves him staring at him in visible confusion, as if he was meeting a completely different person.

Sharon comes rushing with Windie caressed in her arm to congratulate Victor. She asks if Victor was fine to which he responds he is. Sharon worryingly tends to his shattered arm. She glares at Jayce and gets up between him and Victor.

Sharon: You! Get out of here!

Jayce (irritated): Huh? Who da hell is this b*tch."

Darren stammers: H-hey now, he did help us out...

Sharon: I don't care! I still won't forgive him for what he did to Victor!

Sharon then turns to Tatsuo.

Sharon: Tatsuo! Now's our chance! This is what we've been waiting for right!?

Tatsuo: Well now.

Tatsuo: I'm sure that Victor here has decided to forgive him ri–

"NO I DON'T!" - Victor exclaims, cutting Tatsuo off from his sentence.

Victor: This dude had his gang beat me up...For no reason at all! I don't know if you've experienced it before, but it hurts a lot! I could've died! I'm scared of what he might do to me right now...!

At a close distance, San watches over the group collaborating with each other with a content expression. He goes to check up on Heymlir but finds that he's missing and has fled the scene. He wonders where Heymlir has gone off and worries about him.

***

*Somewhere in an empty alley.

Heymlir is sitting on the ground, his back against a wall huffing heavily.

Heymlir: It was a good thing I was able to defend myself with what little left of power I had at the time ...I could've been killed....

Heymlir pauses.

Heymlir: Well...No matter...I don't need this city anyways...I can always restart. Yes...With this power I can finally be like them.

"Like the one who asked us to create the amp. core...The elites..." - Heymlir's mind flashbacks to a shady white haired individual with a hood covering his face, shrouded in a black cloak.

"Yes...I am finally...a blessed person..."

"That won't be happening" - A feminine voice interjects Heymlir's thoughts.

Heymlir looks up to see Queenie standing above him atop a house, her cloak fluttering in the wind. In the pathetic state that he was in, Heymlir didn't sense her presence.

Heymlir: W-who are you...?!

Queenie: I am the person sent to retrieve the product.

Heymlir (stammers): Wha–..? You...?!

His mind tracks back to Tatsuo and his friends - 'Then who were those guys then...?!'

Heymlir quickly realizes that she's the actual sender that came to pick up the amplifier core, as well as her true identity. He begins to sweat profusely.