Chapter 42.1: An Angelic Anomaly (EXTRA)

A day passes by as the group make their way through the forest. Along the way, the group gets separated. Upon realizing, Sharon complains in mild frustration.

"Why does this always happen?" - Sharon says as she sighs.

Sharon: It's not just about getting lost too, but how it's always happening right as we are about to approach our next destination! We could've actually been out of this forest by now! And this time it's more than half the group! I expected this from Tatsuo, but Victor and Queenie too?

Meanwhile, Darren thinks in his head how Tatsuo could ever get lost with the incredible feats he's capable of performing.

"Guess it can't be helped. We'll just have to go look for them –" - Sharon digs into her bag for the map, only to realize that it isn't with them. Sharon and Darren look back at one another.

Darren: Uhm...

Darren (awkwardly): I think we are the ones that are lost...

Sharon (stammers): Wha–...! But...! I was following you!

Darren: Me? I was just mindlessly walking. I thought you knew where we were going. – He responds whimsically.

The two share another exchange of awkward stares at each other.

Sharon: ...Ok...We won't mention any of this to the others, especially Tatsuo, got it...?

Meanwhile the rest of the group are in search of Sharon and Darren.

Victor: How is it Tatsuo? Are they nearby? Just let me know if you need to take another whiff of the map.

"Yeah. We're getting close." - Tatsuo answers as he sniffs out the nearby bushes and grass.

Victor: Man, and just when we made it out of the forest too.

Tatsuo: Usually it's me being the one getting lost, but this time it's Sharon.

Victor: Can't you find them any faster?

Tatsuo: I can, now that we're closer. It'll still take a while. I hafta focus on their scent among other things in this forest. There's a lot going on since this is a forest after all.

'Over-Sensory overload I see...I guess that's a drawback from having oversensitive senses.' - Queenie thinks in her head as she silently observes Tatsuo.

Tatsuo: Also, something has been throwing me off.

Tatsuo's words piqued Victor and Queenie's interest.

Victor: What's up?

Tatsuo pauses. Shortly after he stands himself up, bringing the other two to an alert.

"H-hey...What's wrong? Is everything alright?" - Victor asks worryingly as Tatsuo glances around the area.

Tatsuo (thinking): It's getting closer...Sharon...? No...It's much more 'pure' than her...'

Queenie also becomes alert as she senses something approaching them.

Queenie: Something is coming, I think.

Victor: Huh? How do you two know? Do you know what it is?

Queenie: Well...I'm not sure either.

Tatsuo paces around the area, constantly repositioning himself.

"Right here." - Tatsuo says as he finally stands still to a stop.

The next moment, something drops right on top of Tatsuo. A loud "owch!" can be heard from the object as it crashes against Tatsuo's head and flops to the ground afterwards.