Chapter 42.4: Underground Spring III (EXTRA)

Slimes begin to aggregate in the area, forming and clustering from the cracks between the vine walls. They, including some mushroom monsters, crowd around Tatsuo and Victor, bringing them their garments and belongings.

Tatsuo: Ah! That looks like the same mushroom I ate last night!

Mr. Springbottom: What?! You ate one of them?!

Mr. Springbottom slumps down to the ground.

Tatsuo: Hm? What's wrong with you?

Mr. Springbottom: O-oh!...Nothing...! I-it's just that...I think of these guys as my buddies you see so...

Victor: Man...That must be rough...You ate one of his friends.

Tatsuo: Don't worry, I won't do it again. - he says in an attempt to comfort Mr. Springbottom.

Tatsuo: Although the one I ate didn't have a flower on top of its head like some of the ones here do.

Tatsuo turns to Mr. Springbottom: You also have one too.

Mr. Springbottom: Ah...this? - He gestures at his head.

Mr. Springbottom: I'm not sure why, but this flower appeared on top of my head just one day. Well, it's not like it hurts me or anything.

Mr. Springbottom: Anyways, if you boys are done here, you can now fess up the money.

Tatsuo and Victor: Hm?

Mr. Springbottom: For the hot spring service.

Victor: We have to pay?!

Mr. Springbottom: Of course! I did say my business is open, yes? I may be hospitable, but that doesn't mean service is free!

Victor: I mean, we can't even pay you even if we wanted to. We don't have any sort of cash on us. We unknowingly fell into this hole of yours!

Mr. Springbottom: Hmph! Well, you two need to compensate me somehow! I even allowed you to heal you!

Victor: Your slime friends are what made me injured!!

Mr.Springbottom: Then...The two of you can work for me to pay off your debt.

Victor: Huh??!!

Tatsuo: No thanks. I've got a person I need to find.

Mr. Springbottom: But you guys have already found me?

Tatsuo: Not you.

Mr. Springbottom: Hmph! Well aren't you two just rude customers! Even the adventurers before paid me in gratitude!

Tatsuo: Fine then. We'll work for you. But I'll have you know, I get hungry fast so I eat a lot. I guess that just means I'll be eating more of your friends to satisfy myself.

Mr. Springbottom: Nevermind, I'll let you boys off the hook this time.

Mr. Springbottom: But before you two go, could you at least do something for me...?

Mr. Springbottom leads the boys to a wooden billboard.

Mr. Springbottom: Could you leave a review of this place?

Victor: Why do you even have that?!

Victor: I'm sorry, but who's going to even see all of this?!

Mr. Springbottom: Oh, come on...! Just write something. It can be anything.

Victor and Tatsuo take a look at the meager reviews left on the billboard. One of them reads out: