Chapter 12: The Lab

*Inside a dim lab.

Dr. Crogsbell stomps through the lab's hallway, upset; so much so that you could imagine steam coming out of him. Behind him, Victor follows.

Dr. Crogsbell: Hmph! The nerve of them to head off elsewhere without visiting my lab! They're missing out on witnessing the technological marvels that we have to show for them!

Dr. Crogsbell looks over to Victor: Fortunately, you were able to recognize the brilliance of I, Dr. Crogsbell! But are you sure you didn't want to follow your companions? I overheard your conversation and it sounded to me you were interested in this Veloren person as well.

Victor: Well...I did want to go with them...But I also wanted to see your lab! I usually don't get to travel outside my town, so all of this is new to me. Everything that you've said and shown really had my interest!

"Sure I'm also curious about this Veloren person...But I can always just ask them about it later, I want to see the other things that you've built!" – Victor says eagerly.

Dr. Crogsbell: My! What a bright mind for curiosity! Very well! I, Dr. Crogsbell, shall show you my creative wonders!

Dr. Crogsbell begins to give Victor a rundown of his laboratory.

*Sometime later....

After showing Victor most of his lab, he brings him to their final stop. The two stop at the end of a hallway with a reinforced gated door sealed shut.

Dr. Crogsbell: ...As said before, Argonaut is mostly run by steam power! And here...

Dr. Crogsbell punches in a code on a panel and the massive door slides open, revealing a massive room on the other side of it filled with wondrous inventions.

Victor enters the room in awe, surrounded by various high-tech contraptions made by Dr. Crogsbell. At the center of the room is a large, vertically-elongated generator with several tubes sprawling from all over the room connected to it.

Dr. Crogsbell: This is the steam generator! Each house in Argonaut has one of these to power them! And multiple of these are used en-masse underground around the city to power the public spaces! Energy, cooling, heating, the steam generator provides it all!

 Crogsbell: This is the steam generator! Each house in Argonaut has one of these to power them! And multiple of these are used en-masse underground around the city to power the public spaces! Energy, cooling, heating, the steam generator provides ...

Dr. Crogsbell: This generator here, along with a couple more scattered throughout different sections, is used to run my laboratories.

Victor: Wow, amazing...

Dr. Crogsbell: indeed.

A tall, lanky man in a lab coat approaches them.

???: Ah, are you back from the tour Dr. Crogsbell?

Dr. Crogsbell: Oh, Mearl.

Dr. Crogsbell gestures his hand at Mearl, introducing him to Victor. Mearl walks up to Victor to give him a firm handshake in which he awkwardly responds in kind.