Chapter 14: Stolen

The confrontation between the thugs, Victor and Mearl draws a crowd. The nervous audience whispers to one another. The ongoing mutters grow louder with the thug's unwanted attention, causing one of them to grow irate, until one of them snaps back at them.

Philip: Hey! What's up!? This ain't your first time seeing us! If ya know what's best for all of ya, then scram!

The crowd quickly disperses upon the thug's outburst. The thug scoffs before returning his attention to the two in front of them.

Jorge: Drop all your stuffs. World's too god damn complicated nowadays, so why don't we make this simple for all of us, huh?

Victor: Uh...Sorry, but we--

Mearl grabs Victor by his arm, jerking him: This is bad, we have to get out of here now!

Mearl hastily turns to escape, but clumsily trips over himself.

Philip: Yo! You see that! They just tried to escape!

The thugs agree that they are done playing nice, and begin advancing on them. Meanwhile, Victor kneels down to tend to Mearl.

Victor: Hey man, you okay? What's the rush?

Before he realizes it, the three thugs have surrounded the two. The three intimidatingly stare down at them,

Jorge: Hey...You tried to run away just now...? You've done goofed up right there!

Philip: We were being nice you know? Just wanted to keep things simple, like I said!

Mearl: Not good...

Victor: Look, I don't know who you guys are, but this is clearly harassment. I'm sure this goes against this city's rule. You could get arrested for this.

The three thugs look at each other confusedly.

Philip: HUH??!! Who do you think we are?!?! 

Jorge: We're Punk Riot!!! Ain't nothing can stop us from doing whatever we want in this city!!!

Philip: Boy, you must be new here! Now that I think about it, you don't look familiar! Must be one of dem folks that came here to sight-see! You know what, I understand! You's new here, so yo ain't up to snuff about the dos and don'ts around the p...

Philip: Boy, you must be new here! Now that I think about it, you don't look familiar! Must be one of dem folks that came here to sight-see! You know what, I understand! You's new here, so yo ain't up to snuff about the dos and don'ts around the parts.

Philip: Drop everything you have, and forget that you saw us.

Victor makes a quick reflection on what he should do. Before another alternative crossed his mind, his decision was already made, as he knew what was the correct thing he should do.

Victor: No, we refuse. – He says with determination.

Philip: Tch! Man, I told ya we shoulda just jumped these fools to begin with!

Thug 3: Whatever! Let's just get it over with it! Also don't damage the clothes too much, we can sell those as well!

The thugs encroach on Victor and Mearl. Victor brings his arm in front of Mearl as cover to prepare for what's to come.