Chapter 43: Flavrence

The party arrives in the floral city of Flavrence. Lush shrubbery surrounds the outside of the rustic houses in the city. Lavish plants are elegantly strung across homes, transforming the streets into a forest canopy hallway. A fragrant aroma permeates the city to which the group specifically points out themselves. Tatsuo especially finds it soothingly pleasant.

As the group searches the town for a place to stay, Sharon notices something about Darren.

Sharon: By the way, is everything okay Darren? You seem to be really tired lately...

"Huh? Oh...Yeah...Don't mind me...", Darren replies wearily with darkened highlights gradienting beneath his eyes. It was clear that he was facing a lack of sleep.

Whilst wandering the streets, Sharon and Victor eventually get swept up in some of the commodities advertised by the local townsfolk. Some of the featured items include: herbs, scented-medicine, perfume, and their signature rosemary flower. As the group marvels at the newfound products, Queenie was there providing them information.

"The rosemary flowers are this town's signature product. Each flower can come in a different scent, and one is enough to cover an entire household. The scents from these flowers can last for a month, and they can be sold either as a single flower, or in bouquets."

"Wow! You seem to know a lot!"The flower girl interacting with the group chirped in enthusiasm, impressed with Queenie's apprehensive knowledge, "Have you been here before?"

Queeni: No...This is my first time actually visiting the town. I've just read about it."

Flower Girl: In that case, I recommend visiting the rainbow road! It's one of the most beautiful spots around the town!I also suggest visiting the market place. It's a section that our town is famous for! Especially the auction house! Many people from around the world gather there to sell and trade goods!"

Sharon: I want to go to the auction house! It sounds interesting!

Victor: An auction house eh? It'll be my first time going to one...

Darren: I can take you guys there. I've been there myself to sell things before.

Being in a flower motif town, Sharon is quickly reminded of her goal – "Oh! By the way! Would you folks happen to know anything about a plant called the Mardi Gracias?"

Flower Girl: Oh! You mean the flower that can cure all ailments and heal any wounds! It's a story that people here know about, but in the end that's all it is...

"Oh, I see...", Sharon says disappointingly.

Flower Girl: Though, some say that before this town came to be, a Mardi Gracias once bloomed here. What happened to it, no one knows...But that's just one of the stories that's been told around town...Sorry, I really don't know.

Sharon: That's okay. Flowers seemed like a huge emphasis to this town, so I figured I'd ask.

The group bids their farewell to the flower girl and proceeds to look for a place to lodge. Along the way, they come across the rainbow road that the flower girl told them.

Before them was a bustling brick road surrounded by multitudes of flowers of all colors, glistening in the sunlight as the light beaming down reflected their colors onto the road; painting it rainbow.

Upon touring the spot, the group find themselves an inn to stay at. The group unanimously agreed that residing in an area that pops out would make it easier for them to find their way back. Of course, being placed in such a luxurious location meant it was going to be pricey, but the group had no need to worry about expenses with Queenie's esoteric diamond funds.